"i'm leaving for class, okay. i'll come home quickly", jun told the younger softly. minghao nodded and jun planted a kiss onto his forehead before he left the house for school.

      while he was on his way, his thoughts lingered so much about the previous night. 'i'm tired, junhui'. the way minghao turned to face away from him. those words kept repeating and repeating in his mind and it never seemed to stop. he hadn't gotten enough sleep either ever since it happened. has minghao gotten tired of him?

      the chinese latter got so caught up in his thoughts that he didn't realise he had bumped into someone. "hey!", the person said in a more enthusiastic tone than in an annoyed one.

      jun looked up from the ground and met the eyes of a smiling soonyoung. "oh... hey soonyoung", jun rubbed the back of his nape, letting out a sigh. soonyoung's expression immediately changed seeing how his friend seemed so moody and blue.

     "what's wrong? did something happen again?", he asked, eyes full of worry.

     "hao's sister isn't getting better and he got so affected that i had to be so cautious around him. i mean i don't mind that but... ", jun trailed off. he was hesitant of telling soonyoung what happened last night. he didn't want to seem petty just because of a simple action.

     "you can tell me anything. i won't judge, i promise", soonyoung reassured the chinese latter. jun pursed his lips into a thin line.

     "when we were about to sleep, i just wanted to give him a goodnight's kiss but he pulled away almost abruptly".

     soonyoung exhaled, a little surprised by what jun had said. during their many years of friendship, soonyoung knew that minghao was deeply in love with jun. now knowing that he pulled away first, and jun didn't say that minghao smiled at him nor did he mention minghao returning any other way of affection back to reassure the older that he was just tired. it puzzled him.

     "maybe he's just really exhausted. he had a tough day, didn't he? give him some time, okay? don't worry too much", soonyoung tried reasoning out.

     jun let out another sigh, lightly nodding. "for now, let's focus on class but if you still want to talk about it, i'm always here", soonyoung assured his friend as they made their way to their first period class. jun smiled softly. he was honestly glad that soonyoung existed in his life.

     jun tried his best to stay focused during lessons. he didn't succeed though. he couldn't help but have his mind wander off somewhere else, eventually landing on thoughts about his boyfriend. he let out a deep sigh.

     minghao was already fully awake and he was on his way to see his sister again. he wanted to make sure she was alright. nothing else mattered. he just wanted her to be healthy and happy. he hated how she was suffering behind the hospital's white walls.

      he welcomed himself into the ward, greeted by a dazed young lady who then smiled upon the sight of her younger brother.

      minghao jogged over to the bed and hugged her tightly. "noona... i missed you", he muttered. she stroked the latter's hair, chuckling. "don't worry so much", she said when they pulled apart.

     "how is junhui? has he been taking care of you well?", she asked, noticing that the older wasn't present.

     "no one else could ever", minghao smiled softly. "that's great", she grinned happily. "what did the doctors say?", minghao suddenly asked. his older sister dreaded for this moment to come.

     she didn't want to tell him. she couldn't. she didn't want to burden the younger who was still studying. she didn't want him to suffer. the last thing she wanted was for him to find out about her condition.

     "uh... i'm fine. there's nothing wrong with me", she quickly said. minghao frowned.

     "you're lying", he muttered ,"noona.. please. tell me". he knew that whatever the news he was going to get, wasn't going to be good. he had to be strong, though. he had to be strong for his sister.

     "minghao. i'm sorry.. ".