Part 1: Serendipity

--- Two years prior ---

"Y-Yoongi Hyung?" Jimin asked, more so questioning himself and his identification of the young man lay on the school's roof.

Jimin looked around slightly confused wondering if anyone was on the roof with Yoongi before letting out a sigh and crouching down.

Jimin repeated saying Hyung in hopes of waking him up since it was after school and probably a bad idea to sleep on the floor.

"H-Hyung?..."

"Hyung."

"Hyunggggg!"

Jimin flinched when he heard a mumble come from the older not sure of what he had say.

"Y-Yoongi h-hyung... the school days ended now... y-you can go home and sleep... not on the floor..." Jimin said cautiously backing away when he remembered rumours of the infamous, stone cold Min Yoongi from the higher class and how anyone who woke him up would receive bad luck.

Jimin had never spoken to Yoongi although he had seen him multiple times, mainly in the music room as he would play piano in the room next door to Jimin's vocal lessons.

"What?" Yoongi said in a low husky voice, rubbing at his eyes before slowly opening them to look into Jimin's who's heart began beating fast as Yoongi spoke.

"It's after school now Hyung. You can go home." Jimin said again this time more confidently as any fear he had towards the losers unlucky curse vanished with his cute sleepy face.

He was feeling mixed feelings about the older as his face said one thing but his sleepy voice said another; still not a shocking as Jimin's friend Taehyung.

"W-what time is it?" Yoongi said rubbing at his head and stuttering to which Jimin assumed was because his hair was in his face from sleeping and he was still to tired to make coherent sentences - but in actuality it was because he was flustered from how close Jimin was to him as most people kept a very large distance.

"It's 3:30, everyone is going home now." Jimin explained now sat on the floor reaching for his phone then turning it to show Yoongi.

"If everyone's going home why are you still here?" Yoongi asked in a defensive tone which he didn't intend and blushed more at.

"Welllllllll~ I'm waiting for... my.. FRIEND. I am waiting FoR mY fRiEnD." Jimin said obviously lying.

"What's your friends name?" Yoongi asked nonchalantly before yawning and closing his eyes again.

"Umm Ji-n. Jin. My friends name is jin." Jimin said naming one of his close friends before giving one of his crescent eye smiles which once again threw Yoongi into a hole of flustered which he couldn't escape.

"Kim Seokjin?" Yoongi raised a eyebrow as he tried to speak calmly not letting his panic from talking to someone show through.

"Yep Kim Seokjin."

"Didn't Namjoon from that music school get him to ditch today so they could hang?"

Jimin froze at what Yoongi said having a moment of realisation the Jin wasn't in.

"Your caught in a lie kid." Yoongi said before opening his eyes once again and looking he younger straight in his.

"What's the real reason for you being up here?" Yoongi asked in a stern but inviting voice.

Jimin mumbled shyly "Well I can't out run the kids who walk home in the same direction as me so I tend to stick around for half a hour to avoid them..."

Yoongi froze as what was being hinted at was the cute boy sat in front of him being bullied.

"What are their names?" Yoongi asked now feeling anger rush through him but not letting it show.

"Just some people from the sports team... I don't know their names..." Jimin said with sadness oozing from his eyes as a single tear began to well before escaping and running down his cheek.

"Don't worry they won't hurt you anymore." Yoongi reassured before getting up and giving Jimin a gummy smile before turning away to leave.

Jimin smiles back slightly confused and raised his arm to wave.

What he didn't know was that night Yoongi had gotten into a fight with the people who were picking on Jimin, even though he didn't know the youngers name.

He then changed school a week after not attending a day as the exchange was happening and never going back.

Jimin felt grateful to Yoongi but also felt bad over what had happened because all he had heard was broken parts of a story.

Yoongi went to a party, called out some jocks for bullying a short boy, the jocks threw the first punch and Yoongi whooped their arses.

Jimin didn't have an issue after that for the rest of his high school career but he never could understand why someone lacked cold would help him like that.

Either way the stone being thrown, him being pushed, him casually being kicked or tripped walking down the long corridors, being pulled back by his back at strong forced, getting insulted and hurt emotionally and physically had ended all because of that one boy.

Yoongi changed Jimin's life creating a sense of serendipity; he had started a development in events due to the slim chance they were both on the roof at the same time and it benefited then both for the better in ways the other couldn't even begin the comprehend.