55: A Tough One

Maddison's P.O.V. -

Things have been great between Sonny and I ever since he got back from his undercover job back in March. Although I was upset with everything, overall it seemed to do him some good. The twins were both doing great as well, and we are quickly coming up to their 6th month check-up. My dad is suppose to come out as well at the end of the month, he's staying an entire week and I'm really hoping that time together will help us mend some of our past issues. Somehow, back in February while dealing with everything with the babies, Sonny also took the bar exam. Now, it's the second week of April and it's time for him to find out if he passed or not. I wait at my desk and can see the anxiety all over his face. Amanda comes over and asks, "nothing yet?"

He answers her, "they're supposed to post the link any minute, so--"

"Post what?" Fin jumps into the conversation, not sure what we're talking about.

"Bar results." I inform him, now standing to stand behind my boyfriend, praying his number shows up on the pass list.

"Today's the day." He says, "Okay, shh. It's up." He types in his password quickly and pressed enter. The screen comes up and he starts to scan all the numbers, looking for his, "all right. Come on. Come on. There it is." He points and I can see the relief come off of him.

"What?" Amanda asks, not following.

I answer as he spins around and stands, "his ID number."

"It's on the pass list." He scoops down and hugs me tightly.

"Ahh, you passed?" I ask, although I knew he could do it, it's so surreal.

"I passed." He kisses me quickly.

"Oh, my God! Oh! Congratulations." Amanda beams for her friend and they hug.

"Somebody win the lottery?" Olivia comes into the room.

Amanda chuckles, "sort of. Carisi passed the bar."

"Carisi, congratulations." Olivia says to him.

"Thank you." He beams, putting one hand in his pocket and the other wrapped around my waist.

She asks, "does that mean you're leaving too?"

"What? No." I spit, us never really even having that conversation.

Fin catches on to something I missed and asks her, "what do you mean, "too"?"

She hesitates but ultimately has to explain, "Dodds is going to Joint Terrorism. This is his last week."

"Last week? He just got here." I say to her. I've actually come to grow into having him around.

"Yeah. He's on his own journey." She smiles.

"Uh-huh." Someone hums. Amanda then says, "well, Carisi did it. We should celebrate."

Olivia agrees, "yeah, how about I take you all to lunch?"

Fin exhales, "today I can't."

"Come on, Fin." Sonny says first.

I add on, "don't be like that."

He explains, "no, I got to go meet up with my son. He says he has some news. Hope he didn't quit his job." We all kind of laugh but then stop once we see Dodd's coming over to us.

"Hey" he says as he gets closer. I guess he can read all the tension and asks Olivia, "you told 'em?"

She replies, "I did."

Fin calls him out, "task Force? Really? SVU, we go after bad guys and lock 'em up. Terrorism, you can get yourself killed." Dodd's just gives him a kind of side glare before nodding and walking away. Amanda and I stay near Sonny, congratulating him again on passing.