thirteen .

september 13

"Hey", Emil yawned as Dean entered the truck. It was not just any regular morning in the small town of Forks.

"I still can't believe Riley left the truck to you", Dean scruffed as he sat shotgun. "Well I did offically get my liceanse and I drop you off and pick you up, be greatful", Emil ruffled his head. "Hey, I spent quality time on my hair", Dean opened a mirror to fix it.

"Oh what's got your hormones in a twist, never mind", she started up the car and stuck her tongue at him. At some point of the ride both of them started head banging to the song playing on the radio nonstop since summer until they arrived to school. "Thanks Em, I'll see you later", Dean hopped off the car as she parked it. 

"Emil get in here", Jessica called out to the girl as they formed a group to take a picture. All there fun and playfulness disappeared when they saw who was coming for Bella. "Oh good Cullen's here", Mike said dryly. "Yay", Jessica said drier. The friends, uncomfortable, move off. 

"Bella I know what day it is, but I will let lover boy here get you first", Emil hugged her best friend before going to Alice and Jasper. "Good morning to some of my favorite love birds", she said before hugging the both of them. "All honestly I think they might be my favorite love birds", Alice said. "Is that Jake?", Emil eyed the incoming figure. "That boy has the likes to visit Bella but, not drop me off to school, what a great brother he is. I'll find his steroids one day", Emil complained while Jasper dragged the pair away. 

The three of them waited for the pair to enter the building. Alice jumped out and presented a small present in front of the girl. "HAPPY", both Alice and Emil semi yelled before Bella got the chance to hush them with a hug. "Birthday", they both whispered this time. 

"Alice didn't I say no gifts", Bella quickly hid her present and gave Jasper a nod while Emil brought out her own. "You did, I didn't, Emil didn't. I've already seen you open it and guess what? You love it. And you will love Emil's even more", Alice pulled away from the hug. "You had a vision about my birthday?", this was more concerning to Bella.

"And about the green dress you'll be wearing to your party tonight and you forget me not blue.", Alice announced proudly "My party?", Bella sounded more confused this time. "Please? It'll be fun", Alice gave her puppy eyes. "I guess I can deal", Bella was beat by Alice but was still confused. "Great! See ya at seven!", Alice skipped away before she could change her mind.

"Wait, Jasper no fair with the mood control", she called him out as he bowed before Alice drags him away. "Any ways before all that party talk, here. Happy Birthday Bella the big one eight", Emil handed her a copy of The Little Prince since she always complained about never having her own copy.

"Oh Emil, thank you so much", Bella hugged her. "It's no problem but, the real words I want to here come out of your mouth are ' Emil I love you so much let us run away together and leave Edward' Emil did dramatic poses. "Not a chance kid, go to class", Edward scolded her.

---

"Am I late. Please don't tell me I'm late, Jacob dropped me", Emil rushed in the house while Alice gave her a hug. "Actually you are just on time", the petite girl smiled while she lead her to the living room.

Emil stood in amazement that the whole room was filled with hundreds of pink candles and rose-filled crystal bowls. Over in a corner was a huge cake and a tall stack of china plates with a table filled with elaborately wrapped gifts. And down came Bella and Edward from the top landing to them.

"Sorry about all this. We tried to rein Alice in", Carlisle said as he hugged Bella. "Like that's even possible. Happy Birthday, Bella", Esme hugged the girl. "Happy Birthday Bells", Emil went to hug her friend as Alice snapped a picture of them.

"Found it in your bag. Mind? Show me love", Alice said as she continued to take more pictures and Emmet with Edward were nudging each other. Finally the crowd settled down as the gifts were being handed out.

"Um...thanks?", Bella opened the first box to be empty while Emmett nodded. "Already installed it in your truck. Finally a decent sound system in that piece of", "No hating on the truck. Thank you, Emmett", Bella smiled while nudging both boys. "Well do I have permission to blast some music in there now Bells?", Emil gave her puppy eyes.

"Why of course, just please stop the eyes", Bella shield her face from the blonde. "Open mine.", Alice handed Bella a small box next. Bella starts to open it but, "Ouch- paper cut", a single drop of red blood appears. Then a disturbing, grisly snarl went around the room.

Jasper tried to lunge at Emil who was closer to him, but Carlslie went in front of her first. A bunch of chatter and shattering was going on now but, Emil couldn't take her eyes of the man who she considered a father. Jasper's teeth were bared, eyes beyond reason darker than night.

"Bella", Emil ran to her after seeing she was now against the wall. "ah god", she tried to get her friend up but her hand slipped on a liquid, blood. "Carlisle", she brought the eldest vampire attention as he went to Bella's side.

"Emmett, get Jasper out of here, Alice drop Emil home", Carlisle ordered his family as they got a snarling Jasper out. "Come on darling, let's get you home", Alice held her hand to Emil as she took it. The blonde gave a silent nod to Bella and got into Alice's car.

"I am sorry about tonight, I didn't see it coming", Alice said as she stopped her car on the imaginary treaty line on the road. "Alice, it's fine. We will be fine", Emil grabbed her hand and gave it a squeeze.

"Jacob's here, I'll see you tomorrow?", the younger girl said as she opened the passenger door. "Yeah", Alice absent mindly said as she got another vision.

"Hey Jake", Emil swung herself around her brother's bike and held his waist. "Gosh Em do you really need to call me everytime you need a ride, I was sleeping", Jacob complained. "Yes I actually do brother, and chillax on the weights I can feel your muscle through your shirt", she muttered into his back.

"Yeah whatever, wait are you crying", Jake started the bike but felt the little trickles of tears on his shirt. "No it's nothing", she quickly wiped them away. "I swear if it's Riley, the next time he comes to Forks oh that boy...", Jacob continued to rant about her boyfriend until they were home.

-