13. Fester

Lucas couldn't sleep. His mind kept thinking and pondering and somehow always managed to return to the same thoughts. Keir. Lucas convinced himself that he was just worried, guilty about Keir's injury since it happened whilst they were on a hunt together. If he hadn't faltered and shot the bear between the eyes a first time, Keir may not have gotten hurt. His obsessive thoughts were not because he couldn't forget the feeling of Keir's body pressed against his back, and how his breath, hot and laboured, tasted on his lips.

Lucas's body flushed as Keir's bare torso filled in mind, splashing his face with water before pulling on his coat, hoping that a late night walk could both cure him of his madness and tire him enough to lull him to sleep.

Carefully tiptoeing out of the castle, not wanting to alert any of the servants to avoid any gossip about why the prince was creeping out of his chambers in the dead of the night, Lucas sighed in relief as the cool night air pressed against his face. His feet carried him to no place in particular, his eyes not paying attention to his surroundings as he just walked. He had been lost in his thoughts before he realised he had crept up upon an obscure path that wound amongst the thick foliage that lay behind the stables. 

Stopping in his tracks as he quickly glanced at his surroundings to surmise his location, Lucas was surprised to see light coming from the inside of the stables. 

"Do stablehands work through the night?" Lucas asked himself, his voice quiet in the silence of the empty castle grounds. Curious, Lucas stepped off the path, taking the shortest route to the stables to peek through one of the many windows towards the back wall of the structure. As he neared, he heard voices coming from the stable, frowning as something in his gut told him to move closer to the source of the noise.

Stepping carefully around some thorn bushes that popped up between wildberry plants, Lucas strained his ears as the voices became louder. It was not until he was crouching against the wooden exterior of the stables that he recognised one of the two voices coming from inside. 

'Keir?' Lucas's mouth popped open in surprise, as he quietened his breath to discern who the second voice belonged to, though he had a sinking feeling in his stomach that he already knew who it was. When he heard the exotic accent speak, Lucas felt something vile churn inside of him.

"Any other commands, Your Highness?" he heard Ahri speak, his voice low and coarse, almost breathless. Lucas gritted his teeth as he heard the rustle of hay, his mind blanking as he slowly raised his body to peer through the obscure window of the stables, choking as he was barely able to process what he saw. All noise, feeling and sensation ceased within Lucas at that moment, his heart stopping dead in his chest as he stared.

Keir was sprawled on a pile of hay, legs spread wide as his bare chest rose and fell in an irregular melody. Ahri's tanned flesh fused with Keir's paleness, his body pressed tightly between the prince's parted legs as he stared down, brown eyes hungrily devouring the man beneath him. Lucas felt sick as Keir's lips, red and bruised, moved in a way that made Lucas tightly grasp a ledge on the wall.

"Fuck me," Keir growled, the words ringing in Lucas's ears. Lucas stifled a choked noise as he watched Ahri thrust deep into the prince's body, Keir's head flying back as his body arched in pure ecstasy, a piercing moan escaping from his lewd lips. Lucas's eyes flicked across the scene, at Keir's aroused face, his panting chest, his wayward hands that raked down Ahri's back in the throes of passion. Lucas felt his pants tighten as the sound of Ahri's hips slapping against Keir's skin echoed around the stable, the obscene noise punctuated my Keir's unbridled groans.

As he watched Keir get violated by the stablehand, face contorted in pleasure as his passionate cries filling the air, Lucas was slapped with the undeniable truth that he had been denying since he first saw Keir all those weeks ago.

'I want him.'

Lucas's eyes grew blurry as tears formed, Lucas both disgusted and aroused as he palmed his erection through his thin pants. His mind was jumping all over the place, making him dizzy; Keir's arousal, Ahri's pounding cock buried deep inside his prince, Rose's face that looked so much like Keir's, yet didn't make him yearn like this. Make him ache like this.

'I'm a monster,' Lucas thought, hating himself as his hands slipped inside his pants, biting down on the fleshy palm of his other hand as he stifled a choked groan. His hand was slick as he pumped up and down his length, which throbbed with every moan Keir was releasing. Moans he wasn't responsible for. 

"Fuck, Ahri," Keir cried out, as Lucas watched with torment as Ahri flipped him onto his stomach, pulling his hair harshly as he continued to pound into him. Vulgar slaps of flesh against flesh, and wet sounds of arousal against arousal made Lucas's core tighten. He watched Keir's face as he moaned, the sound so desperate, so sweet, and so passionate that Lucas almost came, his hips bucking as he bit harder on his hand, pain making fresh tears surface. 

"I'm coming," Keir gasped, his eyes rolling back as his body shook. "I'm coming, I'm coming I'm co-" his words were cut short as Lucas's mind filled with black, hot cum squirting into his shaking hand. Lucas watched as Ahri pulled out of his lover, lips sliding over the expanse of Keir's beautiful back in reverence. 

Falling to his knees, Lucas bit his lip to stop the sobs from escaping, his chest so tight he couldn't breathe. His feelings for Keir had festered inside of him, and now it was too late. Keir had poisoned him, spreading desire through his veins that crept into his heart and his head. But Lucas knew that he could never, and would never, hold that man in his arms.

Keir was already possessed by Ahri, and Lucas was bound to his sister. Lucas silently retched into the bushes, tears streaming down his face. 

~~~

Keir frowned as Lucas walked past him, his eyes never diverting from his path across the hallway. Keir hoped that it was because his friend hadn't noticed his presence, but part of him felt that something had changed, but didn't know what. Lucas had been busy the past week, with wedding preparation well and truly under way, and arranging affairs with his parents to integrate Rose into the fold. Keir felt as if he was being pushed away, and the fact made him shrivel inside as he realised the inevitable future he had been anticipating had already arrived. 

After spending that night with Ahri, Keir's mind had been relieved. But the relief had only lasted as much as a few days, for every time Lucas filled his field of vision, unsavoury thoughts invaded him again. When the nights seemed lonely, and thoughts about his sister's fiancé grew too much to bear, Keir found himself adopting the shadows and sneaking himself into Ahri's arms, their corner of the stable always lit by a candle as if Ahri knew when he would come. 

Ahri's arms became a safe haven, freeing him momentarily from thoughts about Lucas, his marriage and images of the way his hands fit so well around his sister's waist. As Ahri filled him, his guilt over his feelings for his beloved sister's lover evaporated, and for a time he just became a body, with no troubles, no attachments - nothing. 

Keir and Ahri didn't talk much during their hidden trysts, not about things of weight anyway. They flirted, and teased, and touched and kissed. But never talked. Sometimes he felt like Ahri wanted to say something, but he had enough experience with men to know that they always wanted something more than what Keir was willing to give. The guilt sobered him up quickly after being consumed with passion, realising that he was probably taking advantage of Ahri's small kernel of hope that Keir wasn't just fucking for release, and that when he cried Ahri's name as he came that it meant something more.

For Keir, Ahri's name on his lips was just to cast out the other name he wanted to scream.

Two more weeks had passed, Keir drifting into Ahri's arms more often as Lucas's blatant avoidance of him became clearer. The only time he really stayed in the same sphere as Lucas was when Rose dragged them around together. Keir had desperately tried to act like nothing had changed between them, his heart swelling as Lucas seemed to do the same, but that was only when Rose was around. When they were apart, Keir might as well have been air. 

As Keir slipped back into his chambers as he has done many times before, he lowered himself onto the ottoman at the foot of his bed and held his head in his hands, wondering if his father's words were right after all.

Abomination.