Once the song finished he stopped strumming and looked up at the audience with a small smile on his face as they all applauded him and a couple of people were whistling and cheering.

“Umm… so thanks and my next song is a little different so I hope enjoy.” he said, looking a little nervous as he started to strum his guitar.

At first I didn’t recognize the song at all. I mean, I listen to music as much as the next kid but I just couldn’t figure out the song but as soon as Jett got to the chorus I recognized the song; it was ‘Pumped Up Kicks’ by Foster The People.

I had never heard an acoustic version of this song and it was really interesting to hear. At some parts of the song he went slower than the original track and at other parts he would speed up the lyrics.

All the other kids with the pumped up kicks

You better run, better run

Outrun my gun

All the other kids with the pumped up kicks

You better run, better run

Faster than my bullet

During the second verse Jett started to relax as he was looking out into the crowd and seeing that the people watching were enjoying his unique rendition of the song.

As his gaze swept over the crowd, his eyes locked onto me for a second and I stood frozen. I didn’t know if it was such a good thing that Jett had seen me or not but I guess I couldn’t take back coming in to the café to see him before so I just offered him a smile and started clapping along with the rest of the crowd as he played.

Obviously Jett liked that I was here because before taking his eyes off of me he sent me a big smile in return before focusing his attention on finishing his song.

All the other kids with the pumped up kicks

You better run, better run

Outrun my gun

All the other kids with the pumped up kicks

You better run, better run

Faster than my bullet

As he slowly stopped strumming his guitar a bunch of people in the café stood up out of their seats to give him a standing ovation. The audience was cheering him on and giving him praise for his amazing performance as he stood up and took a bow on stage.

After the applause started to die down Jett put his guitar on his back and walked off the stage. I noticed that a lot of the people in the café were starting to head out so my guess was that Jett was actually the closing performer tonight.