Vaia

As I ran towards the cliffs after the van, I mentally yelled at myself. How could I have let them take Torren!? Sure he was annoying, but he was my friend. I am GOING to save him, nothing can stop me.

I glanced behind me at the huge drop to the ground as I ran up and up the cliff on a small dirt path. Serein was all the way at the bottom looking over Aiven. Poor guy, I almost felt bad for him.

We reached the edge of the cliff where the van was parked. I motioned to everyone to surround it. I moved around to the front, Kalani by my side, and my hands raised, ready to shoot ice fire.

Then I saw there were no people in the front driving it. Where could they-

Gunshots tore through the silence, the sound ringing in my ears. They were shooting!!! "GET DOWN!" I screamed to everyone, who quickly dove to the floor. But not quick enough. I heard a shriek, and spun around immediately. Kalani stumbled backwards towards the cliff edge, clutching her side, her face scrunched in pain.

She had been shot.

I yelled and reached for her, but I was too late. It seemed to happen in slow motion. Kalani slipped and fell backwards off the edge, plummeting to the river below, towards her death. I heard words echo through my head.

From the water she came and to the water she returns.

If I had been a moment quicker, I could have saved her. Crashing to my knees, I covered my head with my arms and screamed. The van pulled away, gunshots following behind it. Jumping up, with fire in my eyes and rage flowing through my veins, I ran after it, yelling so loud the Earth seemed to shake, shooting burst after burst of icefire after them.

It sped up, and I slowed down, falling once again to my knees, tears streaming down my face, my friends yells closing in behind me. I had only one though on my mind:

I will kill them all.