Kahlo

When Citali walked over and sat down next to me, I was expecting a question of some sort or a request, but what I got was totally different. She plopped down next to me and opened her mouth to speak, but she didn't. Noticing her struggle with words, I decided maybe listening to thoughts would be easier, but was I wrong.

All I heard was a few seconds but that's all it took. Oh my gosh he's so cute. STOP IT! CONCENTRATE ON ANYTHING BUT HIS FACE AND ACTUALLY TALK! You look like such an IDIOT right now!! But he's so freaking cuuuute. WHY AM I OVER HERE? I NEED TO GO HIDE IN A DARK CORNER AND DIE HOLY CRAP!!

Those thoughts flashed through her mind in a matter of seconds, I told myself it didn't matter, but that didn't stop my face from going bright red, and all I could do was avert my eyes in shame. Why was I invading her privacy without her permission anyways? Now it's gonna be super weird between us.

Wait, us? There's no us...is there? STOP IT i yelled at myself, YOURE BEING JUST AS AWKWARD AS SHE WAS A FEW SECONDS AGO. PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER MAN! I finally got the courage to look up and I locked eyes with Citali, who's face was as red as mine.

"Soooo..." I said awkwardly, "did you....uh...need something?" My eyes tried to look at anything except her, and they landed on Serein and Kalani, who were sitting at the fire watching me humiliate myself. Kalani giggled and Serein pointed a thumb over her shoulder at Vaia, who was now sitting up and also watching.

She just slowly shook her head, giving me a pitiful look, and mouthed "You have no girl skills." Gee thanks, I hadn't noticed. Turning my eyes back to Citali, she had her head on her knees, looking like she really wanted to disappear. I put my hands behind my head, trying to look as calm as Zeno, and I repeated my question.

"Citali?" She looked up, her eyes wide. I continued, "Do you need something?" Her face went even redder if that was possible. She was normally so...well, normal I guess around me. Why did she have to start acting all flustered all of a sudden? Citali answered really quickly "Nope I'm good bye." Then practically jogged away over to Vaia where she collapsed and again put her face in her hands.

Deciding to listen in, not learning my lesson from the first time, I entered into Vaia's mind so I could hear what Citali was saying. I wish I hadn't. I was hit with such a powerful wave of fear that I almost passed out, even sitting across the room from her. Vaia's head shot up and looked in my direction. Was it because I went into her mind or was it because of Citali talking to her about me?

Should I try again or not? I asked myself silently. I wanted to find out why there was so much fear and hurt in Vaia's mind, and maybe I could heal it. Back in we go.

Another wall of pain, a crash of terror, and a glimpse of remorse. What has this girl been through? Wading deeper and deeper into Vaia's head, I ran into the first batch of memories.

There was Vaia, younger, maybe 14, with tears streaming down her face. Why are you doing this!? She screamed in agony, and I noticed the scars and cuts on her face and across her arms and legs. I need your essence, a deep voice rumbled. Why? Vaia cried in anguish, falling onto her hands and knees.

Power, you are one of the strongest I have ever met, of course, that is granted considering your origins, he growled. Strongest of what? What are my origins!? And more screams as the figure...sucked a white glowing energy out of her with what looked like...a moonstone? With every passing second of her "essence" being drained, more cuts appeared and she bled onto the stone floor.

Her blood wasn't what I called normal though, it was silver and looked like liquid moon drops, and they were, because Vaia is Aytigin.