Torren

Vaia walked past me back into the cave, slightly smirking at everyone's surprised faces and sat back down in her corner. She just kissed Zeno!? I didn't even know either of them actually had any emotions besides fury and brooding. Zeno didn't even do anything to deserve that kiss. That's all I have to do, save a girl and she would kiss me?

Or maybe it's because neither of them have a sense of humor so they are soulmates. Either way, totally unfair. I watched Zeno as he stood there for a full 15 in shock. Geez, get over it already. Glancing at Aiven, it looked like he was upset. Eyes on the floor, lips pressed together in a thin line, head in hands, and he kept glancing at Vaia then away quickly.

I nudged him, and mumbled quietly "You okay dude?" He turned his head to me, then back to the ground, unresponsive. I elbowed him in the side "Aiven-" but I immediately shut up when Zeno walked past, looking at Vaia awkwardly, then turning around and moving to sit down by me, on my left side against the wall. He leaned his head back and stared at the ceiling, unblinking.

No one spoke, and my eyes traveled the room. The tension was high, and I had to think of something to say quick before something exploded from the awkward vibes. Kahlo and Citali were both touching hands against the wall. Were they a thing now? Or is he reading her mind? Moving on, I shifted my attention to Kalani and Serein.

They were the only people not sitting against the cold stone wall, warming themselves by the blazing fire, also not talking. Vaia just sat in the corner by herself, playing with her freezing fire. It danced between her fingertips, flickering white and blue and casting a ghostly glow over her face making her look undead.

Alright, nows the time to do something about the silence in the room. Sitting up, I spoke to no one in particular, "This is socially unacceptable, you know that right? It has been silent for like three minutes and no one is asleep, so you can't use that excuse." Kalani and Serein immediately laid back on the ground away from the fire and closed their eyes.

Well shoot. Kahlo interjected and said "Uh, wrong. Kalani and Serein are asleep." "No, you're wrong, they just laid back, that doesn't count." I snapped back. Serein immediately deepened her breathing to sound asleep, a feeble attempt of escape from socializing.

"Come on you guys, let's do something." I complained. Citali took a deep breath, looked up at the ceiling (what is on the ceiling that is so interesting to all these people?) and sat forward, looked me in the eyes, and said "Yeah, that would be fun." Kahlo nodded his head, agreeing with Citali. Aha, two people down, 5 more to go.

I turned to Aiven and pushed his shoulder lightly. "Come on you bums." Aiven snapped out of his trance and stopped glaring at the floor, and said "Uh huh." What is wrong with him, he's usually so fun?

I stood up, grabbing Aivens arm and dragging him to a standing position. He looked at Vaia, then back at the floor, and folded his arms. Citali picked up on me trying to cure the depressing mood everyone was in, and jumped up as well. "Let's go guys!" Stepping forward, she bent over Kalani and Serein, then pulled them up as well.

They looked horrified at the prospect of having to talk to people, so they just stood there, frozen. Citali laughed at their expressions and pushed them playfully. "Come on, get a little life flowing!" Thank you Citali, I will be forever grateful towards you for being the only other person who doesn't make me depressed when I watch them sit silently.

Serein and Kalani shared a look, then shrugged and smiled and start to dance a bit. "Ayyy there we go!" Kahlo shouts encouragingly, joining them. Citali struts over to Aiven, and says "Come on! Let's do something fun and not depressing!!" Aiven chuckles, and moves forward to start dancing (and horribly might I add) with Serein, Kalani, and Kahlo.

Vaia stares them, trying not to burst into laughter. But her self-restraint wasn't enough, and she did anyways, springing up to join in on the fun. But she stopped herself, and glanced and Zeno, the smile melting off her face. Then it came back, even brighter, and she waltzed over to him, forcibly pulling him off the floor.

Aiven noticed this, and moved towards them behind Zeno, as he was busy staring at Vaia. Aiven then shoved Zeno with all his might towards the circle, causing Vaia to be pushed over. Aiven apologized, laughing at her, and helped her up, then gently this time pushed her toward Zeno and gave her a thumbs up.

She rolled her eyes at him, and grinned, then danced with Citali, laughing and talking. "Shame we don't have music." I said to Aiven. Aiven turned to me, smirked, and yelled above the talking and pounding of dancing feet on the stone, "TORREN SAYS ITS A SHAME WE DONT HAVE MUSIC, BUT ITS FINE! HE CAN BE THE MUSIC! GO AHEAD AND SING BRO!"

Frick. That did not go as I planned. I said "Uh.. what do I sing?" Citali jumped forward and placed a hand on my shoulder. "Go with your gut Torren." Unwillingly, I let myself be pushed to the center of the circle, slightly panicking. "Um, Uh...... AAAAAAAAAAA SAVANNYAAAAA COMMA NEICE SAY NEE DAAAAAA."

Blank stares were all piercing me, then, Aiven grabbed Serein, yelled "I apologize in advance!" Then lifted her above his head. She shrieked and laughed, and I screamed louder, "AAAAAAAAAAA SAVANNYAAAAAA BUBBA DEES SEE MUH NOOOOOOOO."  Everyone laughed nonstop, even Zeno.

It was a great night.