02) not your fault

(Outfits Above)

"A little girl seeks revenge

A real woman moves on while karma does her dirty work."

———

SHE FELT EMPTY. Maybe it was a little dramatic, but it wasn't the first time one of her boyfriend's had betrayed her by cheating. It wasn't like it hadn't happened before. She had danced to this song more than once before, maybe she should've been use to it

Except every time she got too close, she convinced herself that this time would be different. Like every other cliche girl in movies. She imagined this pain was what Fiona Gallagher felt every time a guy let her down.

Opening her eyes, the Petrova Hybrid lay still, staring at the white ceiling emotionless. She knew one thing was for sure. Beacon Hills was going to be different for her. It wan going to be her new beginning.

The Petrova Hybrid looked in the mirror at put her hair in a messy bun, and dressed in some blue high-waisted skinny jeans and a blue sweater along with some sneakers. She decided on no make-up and packed the rest of her clothes and dragged her suitcases down the stairs.

Bump. Pain.

Bump. Hurt.

Bump. Heartbreak.

Bump. Betrayal.

"Darling, you know I love you, but every time your bags hit those bloody stairs, I want to commit mass murder....on myself." Kol stated, gently taking the bags out of her hands and carrying them down. She just rolled her eyes and dragged herself down the stairs instead.

Getting to the bottom she let out a sigh. Everyone was here, she knew that. Caroline, Bonnie, Jeremy, Tyler, Matt, Rebekah, Klaus, Elijah. Her family. Throwing on a fake smile she walked outside to see the car was decorated and everyone was either crying or looking upset.

Maddie almost cried. She didn't know that saying goodbye and leaving the place of so many memories would be as painful as it was. Maddie did the usual hugs, tears and goodbyes, but she knew it wasn't really goodbye. It was more...see you later.

Maddie was stuck with one "supervisor" at the least. Not that she minded, at least they were her friends and not those hybrid freaks of Klaus's. Unfortunately for him, first up was Kol.

Maddie, waiting in the car for Kol to move his ass so that they could get going, pulled out her phone and made the reckless decision that she shouldn't have done and dialled the number before letting it ring. "Hey." Damon Salvatore's voice came through the phone and Maddie but her lip before answering. "Hey." Maddie greeted back before sighing.

"Uh, so I guess we're over now, and that's okay, but uh...I want to ask you something." Maddie stated as she rubbed the back of her neck. "Why did you do it?" The youngest Gilbert questioned, a single tear falling from her cheek.