Chapter 7

The days were blurred together now as one long very-bad-day. Jeen couldn't separate one from the other. One of Max's goons came by yesterday - or was it two days ago? He gave them some water. No food though, just water. They both drank it gratefully, and Jeen was extra grateful it was clean.

Once a day they were escorted to the bathrooms. A dirty room where they lined up a bunch of out houses.

She hadn't seen Londen since the day she was about to get shot. He probably didn't want to risk getting caught talking to them again.

She spent hours thinking about escaping, but every plan had a flaw that would get them killed.
It was another usual hour of sitting around. Roman was in his sour mood where he wouldn't talk, so Jeen was left to entertain herself. Again. She looked up at the circular window in the ceiling. For some reason she found herself staring at it.

She glanced over at the guard that was supposed to be keeping watch, but he was snoring.
"Roman?"
"What."
"We could fit out that window right?" She whispered. This seemed have caught his interest and he lifted his head and gazed at the window as well.
Instead of answering her, he stood up and walked directly under the window, then stopped and stared up.

"You don't think there's anything in here we could climb on by any chance?" He asked. Jeen stood up and scanned the room for anything to stand on. Then she looked back at Roman.

"Quiet!" Roman hissed as Jeen's foot slipped out of his laced together hands.
"I know, but its not working, you have to be fast." She stepped back and looked at the window. It couldn't be more than twelve feet up.

They were directly under the window. But it still looked far away. Roman seemed to realise this as well.
"I don't' know if I can throw you that far." He said as looked at the metal cuffs around his wrists.

"We have to keep trying." She added as she placed her foot in his hands again.

"Ready?" She whispered.

He nodded and she placed her right foot pushed she jumped, putting all her weight on the foot in Roman's hand and then he threw up his arms as hard as he could.

It was a little like being thrown off of a seesaw.

It couldn't of lasted more than a few seconds, but her fingers touched the bars on the window.

But only touched.

She fell to the ground, her ankle smashed and twisted as she crashed onto the floor in an unnatural and excruciating way. Her head smacked against the cement with a sickening thud. Everything was blurred red and black as she tried to stay awake and she groaned in pain.

Roman kept asking her if she was okay - his voice still a whisper - but she couldn't quite answer.

Finally she got the words out.

"I'm okay."

Roman looked relieved, but he also had a different expression. He had an idea.

"Pretend you're out cold." He whispered.

She nodded, the request was a little too easy and after two seconds she didn't have to pretend.

She let go of the struggle to stay conscious and her vision went black.

***

"Jeen! Are you okay? Jeen!" Roman yelled, laying on the tragedy extra thick. Though he had to admit he actually was a little worried.

Stefano woke up with a start.

"What's going on in there?" He yelled through the bars.

Roman looked up quickly, trying to portray the helpless teenager act.

"She fell. We need help! Please you have to help her!" He shouted across the empty room. The guard fell for it and began to unlock the door, Roman looked back at Jeen and began to try and shake her awake. Out of the corner of his eye he could see Stefano coming over.

He just had to get close enough.

Stefano's gun was aimed at him as he came over and bent down looking at Jeen.

"What happened?" He asked, his gun wavered to the side as he looked down and Roman swung his cuffed wrists and the rifle flew out of the guards hands.

He let out a surprised yell but Roman was already on his feet.

The man tried to block him, but Roman was too fast and too strong, even with the cuffs. With a quick and hard shove to the back of the Stefano's head, he was knocked out almost immediately.

He ran over to a pipe by the wall and as fast as he could, trying to smash the cuffs from his hands. They were thick and solid metal, and he knew if they weren't on him he could smash them easily. But as he swung his hands to break them, all he did was wear himself out. He decided to give up and ran over to Jeen.

"Wake up, we can leave! Jeen?" He thought she'd faked passed out, but now she wouldn't wake up.

"Jeen. Wake up!" He began to shake but her head just lolled to the side.

"Oh, forget it." He mumbled as he gave up trying to wake her up and picked her up instead. He ran for the door and out in the sewer water the same time he heard voices from down the tunnel.

***

Jeen breathed in deeply and her eyes were open. She didn't remember opening them, and she also didn't remember closing them. She was in a room she didn't recognize. It was smaller than the room she was used to, and there were a few worn out cabinets here and there. But her eyes quickly focused on the short and muscular looking figure standing over her. Her eyes adjusted to the light and she saw that it was a woman in her mid thirties. Her hair was dyed a light maroon color and her arms were covered in tattoos from shoulders to fingertips. She was wearing a gray tank top and baggy denim jeans.
"Who're you?" Jeen asked, still feeling very disoriented.
"I'm Tillman. It's a pleasure to finally meet you,Jeen." She had a voice that sounded bubbly and sweet, but her tone and words were serious. Jeen said the only thing that came to mind.

"Why do you know me?""Because I knew your father."  

             (If you liked this chapter, don't forget to give it a vote! thanks!)