Chapter 18

MADISON***

The right side of my face is currently smudged against the headboard, and Bernard is fucking me like a wild animal. All his grunting and cursing behind me, isn't making it any better. He has never been so rough with me.

I came to the conclusion that I'm not telling Bernard anything, I'm just simply going to leave when he goes to work. I needed to get to the police station first and foremost, and secondly, things around here are awkward without Yasmin. I can't take this shit anymore. I'll probably go to a shelter or something, and decide my next move from there.

After Bernard finally left the room, I crept to the window and lifted it. I grabbed my things out of the Chester drawers, and threw them down the two floors, onto the grass.

Even though Bernard is going to be at work, Antonio will still be in and out, and I don't know him enough to trust him.

I kept one outfit out, and laid it at the foot of my bed. I took one last look at my grandmothers picture on the nightstand.

I really wished I would have listened to you. I love you, Abuelita.

YASMIN***

I threw my phone into the bed and slipped my shirt over my head. I had called Genesis about 20 times between yesterday and today. Her voice mailbox was full, and she never called me back the other day. I racked my brain to see if I had did anything to her lately, that would have her ignoring me, but I came up with nothing.

Bailey's birthday is tomorrow, and I miss my little doll so much. Genesis went all out for her party last year, so I was definitely trying to go to her second party. Of course not just for the decor, but for support. Either Genesis hadn't mentioned it, or it's just been that long since we've talked. One or the two.

I have a mind to go and check on her, but I'll wait it out. Not only am I paranoid, Genesis could be so bipolar at times. I'm still going to order Bailey a few gifts offline. She'll get them whenever her stubborn ass mother, decides to return my calls.

YASMIN***

The question that I ask myself everyday, is will I return to my husband. Milton is growing on me quickly. I took an oath under God to work things out no matter what, but I'm tired. I'm torn. I'm scared. I'm Yasmin Santiago, Crawford.

SIDENOTE: chapters are getting shorter because characters are disappearing.