Chapter 11

"YASMIN***

Stay true never switch sides yeah, The game turned me into this guy Yea, and now everytime Drake-out, Cameras always flashing tryna put me on the takeout

'Why haven't you been to work? Mrs. I Don't Wanna Get Caught Not Working'

I remember saying that, but I didn't recognize the number. I know for a fact, only those closest to me had my number.

'Who is this?" I replied.

'Mr. [H] & R.'

I thought for a second. Milton!

'😂😂😂 how'd you get my number?' I replied.

Why was I smiling so damn hard?

'I know people that know people, lol.' He responded.

'J/k. I got it from your application, crazy' He doubled back.

'Lol oh.' I wrote.

I wished I had more to say, but I didn't. Luckily my intercom let me know I had a visitor.

Who the hell?

••••••••

"Well, you just gonna stand here, or you gonna let me in, Yazmin?"

It was my brother, Antonio. His baldhead was shining, and his muscles bulged through his long sleeve shirt, just like old days. I jumped in his arms and kissed him a thousand times.

"I missed you soooo much, Big Brother! Come sit!" He sat his bags down and joined me on the sectional.

What brings you by, Tone?" I asked him. "This is not of your neck of the woods. You know we're too snooty over here, as you would call it," I joked.

He laughed. "I had to tend to some business, but I decided to stay and visit with my little sister a while before I left. Since she cancels everytime. I say well, she can't cancel if I just show," he scratched his head playfully, and shrugged.

"Oh, whatever, Antonio. You know it's not like that," I punched him in the arm.

"Give your sister some love." I tickled his ribs like he would always do me when we were kids, and we laughed. I'm so glad he's here. He would keep my mind off of things for a while.

BERNARD***

"Yasmin, come down here," I called out to her. "Yasmin!" Yazzie!"

Madison stood by the door in sweatpants and a hoodie, looking sexy, but innocent. All her belongings sat to next to her, and I could tell she was nervous. I couldn't believe this was happening. I'm the damn man, if I do say so myself.

YASMIN***

I came downstairs to my husband, and was met with a surprise.

"Yaz, this is Madison Riviera, Sophie's granddaughter. She's 16, and she doesn't have any place else to go." Bernard explained.

I didn't even know Sophie had a granddaughter. She never talked about her family. The young lady standing in front of me was a sight for sore eyes. She reminded me so much of myself when I was 16. Her hair, skin and body was so similar to mine. I developed a soft spot for her instantly.

"Hello, Madison. I'm so sorry about what happened to your grandmother. I loved Sophie like a mother. You can stay as long as you need to. I'll bring your things to the guest room closest to the restroom."

Antonio was in one room, and the other had old gym equipment that Bernard refused to throw out.

She nodded and followed me. "Thank you so much, Mrs. Crawford," she said, over my shoulder. I meant to ask her how she knew Bernard, but it wasn't the time for that.

PlEASE VOTE AND COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS AFTER EACH CHAPTER. Thanks guys, Q.)