Chapter 7

YASMIN***

I'm sitting in my bed watching Steve Wilkos. Thinking of a way to tell my husband that I want to get a part time job, without making him mad.

I could easily tend to the gym's needs before or after a 4 hour shift, depending on the hours I'll be working. I need a change of scenery, because the four walls in the house are driving me. Then maybe that way, I'll be out of Bernard's way when comes home on his damn warpath. I'll call my bestfriend and see what she thinks.

"Hey, Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus!" I teased when she answered. She was at work, so I gave her the rundown quick, and asked her opinion.

"Yaz, you are a grown woman. Why do you have to get permission for everything? Just apply to some places! You sit in front of a computer half the day, anyways. Just do it."

It wasn't that easy, but Genesis was right. Growing up, I never knew my dad, and my mom worked two full time jobs during the week. She even had a weekend job to provide more, for my brother, Antonio and I. Antonio even took over the household when my mother fell ill, when I was thirteen. He saved all of the money that he was making doing God-knows-what, to pay our bills, and he bought me whatever I wanted. I never had to work, but now I want to.

I had meant to ask Genesis about Milton, but it slipped my mind. I decided to let her tell me about him when she was ready. I was already on his team, and he didn't even know it. I assumed he hadn't said nothing about the incident we had, because Bernard was in good spirits when we saw him at the banquet. Thank you!

Anyways, I swallowed my fear and applied for a few retail stores. I loved to shop before Bernard stopped me from going out, and that was the closest I was going to get.

BERNARD***

Yasmin had the f*cking audacity to ask me can she get a job. A f*cking job of all things? It was like a slap in the face to me, because I provide her with everything she needs, plus more. There's no reason for her to leave the house, unless she's told. Unappreciative bitch. Blew my high that fast.

I paged Lindsey, and told her to ask Mrs. Livingston to wait a few extra minutes in the weight room, before our session.

'Im missing it 🐱 . Bring it to me 💦 got a client waiting so hurry up'

Madison had stopped coming in on her off days, and I needed to be in that like right now. The days she did work, I was scheduled all day, and Milton refused to cover any more sessions for me.

I got a bulge just thinking about her.

'?????'

Madison didn't reply to either message, so I left my office and began training.

YASMIN***

Bernard came home and made his famous white cheddar pasta, with spinach, sautéed chicken and broccoli. He was a little too amped in the kitchen, but the food was delicious, nonetheless. I fell in love everytime he made this dish.

"So, I've been thinking," he said, wiping his mouth with a napkin after he finished his meal.

I swallowed hard, and nodded. "About?" I just didn't know what was going to come out his mouth, he's not himself lately.

"Go ahead and get your little job, Yaz." Bernard was smiling so hard, and his eyes looked like saucers. It was creeping me out. I wasn't sure if he was serious or not, I really couldn't read him, so I took a chance.

"Oh my God, are you sure?" I asked. I really wanted to jump for joy, but didn't want to seem over eager, or else he would change his mind.

"Yeah, I mean why not, Yasmin? I was under a lot of stress, and wasn't thinking properly when you first asked. Just make sure home is taken care of first."

"Of course I will!" I ran around to his side of the table, and hugged his neck. I was so excited!

It was no one but God, because when H&M clothing store called me three days prior to this for employment, I accepted.

PlEASE VOTE AND COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS AFTER EACH CHAPTER. Thanks guys, Q.)