Chapter 9

BERNARD**

"Do your leg lifts with the weights, for faster results and stronger abs," I said to my client. I handed her the 10' and stepped aside to make sure she did it properly. She struggled at first, but eventually started getting the hang of it. "Almost done, almost done," I coached her.

My cellphone vibrated.

'I won't be returning for work.'

The message caught me off guard, and I reread it over and over again.

'Call me.' I typed back.

Madison called and explained to me that her grandmother made her quit, after she had suspicions about me and her. She went on to say that her grandmother had came to see me in my office about the "uniform shirts," Madison had claimed to be getting, the day I called her up for a little foreplay. She was supposedly out front waiting for 15 minutes, only for Madison to come out empty handed.

Fuck.

She then explained, that her grandmother threatened to tell my wife, and file charges on me if things didn't end. Madison ended the call abruptly, and I didn't get the chance to speak.

My mind was racing. When exactly did she come to my office? Where was I? I haven't seen that bitch since I fired her. Well I told her that Yasmin thought it would be a good idea to let her go, but you catch my drift. I didn't even want to look at her, knowing that I was smashing her granddaughter. But now, she was making threats to tell my wife.

Over my damned dead body.

•••••••

The gym was closed, but I'm still here balancing my appointment book for the following week. Lindsey offered to do it, but I declined. The clock on the wall read 11:08. I filled in the last slot for next Friday and closed it up.

Madison's words kept replaying in my head.

She threatened to tell your wife and file charges.

I have way too much too lose.

I grabbed my poison out my desk drawer, and laid out two lines. I have to figure this shit out, quick.

I took it all in and stood. 200 push-ups always made me feel better.

"78, 79, 80..."

Then Everything went dark. My phone made a noise to let me know that it was no longer charging.

•••••••••

Yasmin opened door with a robe and stilettos on. "Hey handsome, how was work?" She perked.

I dropped my bag and grabbed her neck, slamming her into the wall. "What the fuck did I tell you, Yasmin?" Her eyes looked like they were about to pop out her head, but I didn't give a fuck right now. I tightened my grip, and her heels lifted off the floor.

I released her neck, and she crashed into the floor, whimpering. "I specifically told you that you could work your little job, if you took care of home, first! I could've been fined by the city of Houston today, had my lights been shut off on during business hours! Selfish bitch!"

I stomped her face and head repeatedly, and I spit on her. She had some f*cking nerve.

"You're not going back! Get up and get yourself cleaned up."

GENESIS***

Today was my first day returning to work since Bernard attacked, and anally raped me. I was traumatized by what took place, and all in all scared for my life. I changed my locks and installed a security system for precaution. I wanted to change my number, but I have too many business ties to the one I have now.

Was that what Yasmin went through on a regular basis?

A bell went off in my head. It all made sense now.

The reality of it was, I had a baby by a man that I barely even knew. I didn't know what he was capable of. The little I did know, were things that Yaz had told me. It was nothing but sex with me Bernard, and my dumb ass thought I was in love.

Now I had a decision to make.

"Back to work, Delaney!" My boss snapped.

MADISON***

I lie on Bernard's chest listening to his heart beat. He stroked my hair and thanked me for meeting for him here. We were at Hotel Derek. He just finished making love to me.

"I feel like a whore, sneaking around meeting you at hotels, B. I'm sixteen, not thirty. I have my whole life ahead of me. You know, maybe I should just take my grandmothers advice and leave you alone."

He lifted my chin, so that now I was looking up at him. "Don't talk like that." He kissed my lips. "I was your first, doesn't that mean anything to you? I guess your grandmother will choose all your relationships. You know what, just get up," he shoved me off of him, nonchalantly.

I can't believe he just did that. His mood changed right there in the middle of a conversation. Or maybe I did overreact. Yep, I did. Fuck that. My grandmother don't run shit.

He was up getting dressed now.

"I didn't mean it like that, I'm sorry. Don't leave," I pleaded. "I love you."

"Things will get better, just trust me, Maddie." He kissed my cheek and left the room.

PlEASE VOTE AND COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS AFTER EACH CHAPTER. Thanks guys, Q.)