Chapter 14

MADISON***

"Stop playing and come in." I sat up in the bed when I heard the knock, and waited for who I thought was Bernard, to come inside.

"I'm not playing, I want to talk to you." Mrs. Crawford entered, looking confused. "If that's okay with you," she added.

My heart nearly jumped out of my chest. "I, uhh, I'm sorry Mrs. Crawford, I thought you were Antwan."

"You mean Antonio?" She eyed me suspiciously.

"Has he been bothering you?" She asked.

Crap! I didn't want to lie on the poor guy. Think Madison, think!

"Uhh no, I thought it..."

"Ok, well anyways," Mrs.Crawford started.

Thank God she cut me off! That was close.

"You've been in this room since you got here. I'm not working today, so maybe we can have a little outing. I have to stop by my job first, to get my paycheck, and we can start after that."

No no no!

"Madison you there?" She waved her hand in my face.

"Ok, fine. Thanks Mrs. Crawford." I hugged her.

I sighed into the pillow when she closed the door behind her, leaving me to get dressed.

•••••••••

We pulled into the parking garage, and Yasmin shut off the ignition. I tried to stay in the car, but she insisted I come inside. I had no conscience of fucking her husband at first, I admit. But now that I'm getting to know her, the guilt is becoming too much. Plus, with my grandmother's unexpected death, I don't want to burn anymore bridges.

This is wrong.

I told her I had to go to the ladies room, and excused myself. I splashed water on my face and combed my fingers through my hair. I was an emotional wreck. I sighed deeply and exited the restroom.

"You're playing a dangerous game little girl!" I felt a sharp finger in my chest, and the words were said with so much venom, that it startled me.

I looked up to find Milton. What was he doing here? He must have been waiting for me to come out. I tried to go around him, but he blocked my path and folded his arms.

"End it! Or I will!" He looked me square in the eyes, and then walked away.

What did he know? Or what did he think he knew?

The walls felt like they were closing in on me as I went to find Yasmin. I was ready to get this day over with.

YASMIN***

Madison and I returned home around 7 p.m. The police needed her for further investigation, so I took her to the station. Then we had lunch, and got manicures and pedicures. Antonio wasn't home, and Bernard had just returned. I told him to go freshen up, because I was about to start dinner.

••••••••

I was taking the lasagna out of the oven when my head was yanked to one side, almost causing me to drop the pan.

"Why the fuck would you take her back to the police station? You don't figure she's going through enough?" Bernard's words pierced my ears like lightning.

"Sit it down, sit the fucking pan down!" He shouted.

I placed the pan on the stove, and he turned me around to face him.

"Stupid!"

POW.

"Bitch!"

POW.

I felt my face swell instantly, as he threw to me to the floor. I closed my eyes and cringed in pain.

A few moments later, I looked up to see Madison with her hands clasped over her mouth, horrified. "Oh my God!" She screamed.

She ran to me, and stretched her hand to help me up.

GENESIS

I held my heels in my hands as I hurried to unlock my door. I had to pee so badly, I was moving my legs from side. It was dark, and I stubbed my toe on the coffee table when I entered. Ouch!

I dropped my shoes and headed to the restroom.... Pause.

I didn't disable my arm.

Now that I'm thinking about it, it didn't even go off. Shit!

I turned back around, and was met with a masked intruder. Hot liquid ran down my legs.

PlEASE VOTE AND COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS AFTER EACH CHAPTER. Thanks guys, Q.)