Chapter 4

YAZMIN***

It was 11:30, and Bernard was working late, so I started finding things to do to keep myself busy. I had already ordered 4 new treadmills for the gym, called the guys out to fill the vending machines for the following morning, and set up a lawn service for the grass out front of the building.

Sh*t. I don't even remember how to clean. It's been a very long time. Everything looked okay to me. I had to do something though, so Bernard wouldn't come home and flip. I missed Sophie already, and I really wanted to know why Bernard fired her.

She kept everything in place, and I've never had a problem with her. She worked in the house 3 years. She didn't seem too happy to see me last week, which was odd. I had confided in her on so many different occasions, and she was like a mother to me. Well, I never really had to confide in her, she already knew. She would just rub my back while I cried, and made sure I had pain medicine and ice packs.

"Much too beyutheeful for the drama mija," she would tell me, in broken English.
I'm really going to miss her.

I decided to put the clothes in the wash, and take a relaxing bubble bath. Bernard was home when I got out, so I greeted him.

"Hey, baby," I said, standing on my tippy toes to kiss him. He just nodded his head without kissing me back. He flopped down on the bed sighed. "Can I get you anything? I asked him.

"You can start by getting the fuck out my face," he barked. I grabbed a gown and was out of our bedroom instantly.

I lie in the guest room, and started to cry. What happened to the sweet, and loving man that I married? The man that would carry me upstairs, and kiss my forehead every night before bed? The man who only laid hands on me, when he was making love to me? The gentle giant that swept me off my feet when I was just 16?

He was so unpredictable, but in a scary way, and I was worried. I love him and I don't plan on leaving him. I'll try talking to him in the morning.

YAZMIN***

Bernard was on his way out the door when I called after him.

"B, baby can we talk please?" I asked him. I didn't know what his reaction would be, so I stood a few feet away.

"Yeah,baby. What's on your mind?" He grabbed my hand and led me to the plush sofa.

"Well, I notice lately, that you seem so agitated. Just tell me what I have to do to make things right. I'll do it. I won't know anything unless you communicate with me, B." I was rubbing his hand, while looking into his eyes. He looked like the man I married today.

He sighed and kissed my forehead. "Yaz, you overthink everything."

He was shaking his head like I had lost my mind, and nothing that I said made sense. "Look. I'm cooking for you tonight. Be sexy. I love you." With that he walked out the door, chipper and unphased.

My husband my husband. I put my head in my hands. So much for that.

BERNARD***

I was looking at the nude pictures Madison sent me last night, smiling. Mm mm mm! I was a sucker for a nice body, and she, had it going on! On top of that, it's all mine. I try to give her as much overtime as possible, without Yasmin catching it in the payroll, and becoming suspicious. She made more than some of the managers some weeks. She's way younger than I am, so whatever I tell, her she runs with it. I laughed at the thought. Too easy.

I dug around in my drawers til I found my pen. Well it wasn't really a pen, it was just designed to like one. I took the top off, and sprinkled the contents on my desk, in a straight line. I held one nostril, and let the other take it all in. I inhaled and closed my eyes, letting the high dance on my brain.

Today is going to be a good day.

••••••••

I returned home, to find Yasmin asleep on the sofa. The position of her body had caused the pink dress she was wearing, to rise just above her thighs. Her legs were crossed, one stiletto on top of the other. I froze.

Why the fuck was she dressed that way?

Oh shit! Something clicked in my head. I was supposed to cook for her tonight. I shook my head, a bit disappointed with myself. I picked Yaz up and carried her upstairs. Hopefully I could make it up to my wife.

YASMIN***

I woke up to my husband on top of me. He was kissing me aggressively, and apologizing for not making it home to me in time.

"It's okay, baby, I mouthed in his chest. "I love you."

He was fidgeting with his pants with no luck. I reached for them, but he moved my hand, and placed it over my head.

"I got this." He said in a hushed tone, kissing me again.

I started grinding my hips against his pelvic area, hungrily. I was so impatient cause he rarely touches me anymore. He's always so busy with work, so I don't nag about it. My body and I missed him. I needed this right now. "Come-on-baby," I said in between kisses.

He rolled off of me, and lie beside me. I thought he wanted me to get on top of him, so I lifted up. He grabbed my leg and laid me back down.

"Go to sleep baby," he said to me. He intertwined his fingers with mine, and was snoring within seconds.

Is He F*cking Kidding Me?

PlEASE VOTE AND COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS AFTER EACH CHAPTER. Thanks guys, Q.)