Loudmouthed ME & Mafia YOU = A lot of crazy

I got dressed and met Landon in the car. He handed me an envelope and started driving to Jamie's house. Paul was going to meet us there and go with us, me Landon and Jamie, to the job.

I looked inside the envelope and whistled softly. "That is a lot of money." I mumbled and thumbed through the hundreds.

. There was 10,000 dollars.

"Yeah but you worked for it."

"Hardly." I said and closed the envelope. "I only went on a few jobs and they weren't that hard."

Landon shrugged. "Valencio pays very generously." he grabbed my hand and kissed it. "Where do you want to go tonight?"

It was my turn to shrug. "I don't know, you pick."

He looked like he was in thinking. "Do you like French food?"

I nodded.

"Good." he smiled and leaned over to kiss me. I gratefully kissed him back but then pushed him away and hit his shoulder.

"Are you trying to kill us? Eyes on the road." I said and pointed forward.

He smiled and wrapped his hand around mine.

Jamie's house came into view and her and Paul were standing on the Porch. Jamie was wearing a sweater even though it was hot out. Landon pulled up and they piled into the backseat.

Speeding, as usual, Landon drove to where ever the job was. I didn't know what the job was only that it was a team effort. Everybody was quiet in the car and the only noise was the soft music from the radio. The town rushed by and I was surprised we didn't get pulled over because we were going at least40 miles over the speed limit. The sidewalks were littered with people. I looked from face to face and only a few looked up at the car.

I familiar mop of blonde hair caught my eye in the crowd and i turned my head as we drove by. It was a guy and as soon as he turned around my stomach dropped and i felt the familiar pain in my stomach. Keith. My grip on Landon's hand tightened my hands started to shake. Landon let go of my hand and grabbed my chin gently.

"What is it?" he asked carefully.

I shook my head and held his hand on my cheek. Jamie and Paul were looking curiously between us and i gave Landon a weak smile. Landon glanced in the rear view mirror and then at me. "You sure?" he asked quietly.

Inodded and leaned into his hand. I was very close to breaking down in front of everybody.

He let it drop and I focused on my breathing.

Keith must know I am here. The last time I saw him was a few hours before I was taken by Valencio's thug. We had an argument and i stormed out of his office to go pick up my transfer papers. But why is he here?

the car stopped and i noticed we were far from the city and in the middle of nowhere. I followed them from the car and Landon and Paul grabbed 4 large red gasoline bottles. Jamie and I were handed one and we followed Landon and Paul to the edge of the trees. Before us stood a large thicket of trees.

"We're setting fire to a forest?" I asked skeptically.

"No, the barn on the other side of the forest." Paul answered.

We began our trek through the trees and i noticed Jamie kept glancing at me. I slowed down and grabbed her arm. She tried not to wince and thenI knew what it was.

Ipulled up the arm of the sweater and gasped at whatI saw. Bruises covered her arm and thenI pulled up the stomach of her shirt and tears filled my eyes. Her stomach was just as bad as her arm.

She started crying silently. I looked behind her and Landon and Paul were still walking, totally clueless.

"Jamie, who did this to you?" I whispered and pulled her into a gentle hug.

She cried onto my shoulder and i rubbed her back carefully.

"We have to tell someone." I said and a few tears slipped down my face. "Landon and Paul--"

"NO!" she almost yelled. she pulled away from me so she could see my face. "No, dont tell them." she whispered.

"Why not?" I demanded.

"They will blow it all out of proportion." she said and wiped her face.

"Who all knows?" I asked and ran a hand through my hair. the hot air was making me sweat and my hair was sticking to my forehead and neck.

"You, me, and Joseph." she said and we started walking again.

I shook my head. "I'm going to kill him." i muttered.

"Will you?" she whispered sadly.

I stopped in my tracks. "What?"