One

"We just don't work anymore." Steve looked uncomfortable even saying that sentence. Tony thought watching the man's facial expression.
"So there is someone else." The brown haired man confirmed.

"Great! Don't send me a wedding invite. I swear to you're metaphorical God I'll plow you with your own cake."
The blond sighed and rubbed his temples, "It's not like that Tony. It just happened."

Tony sniffed and got up out of his leather seat, "I figured this wouldn't last. Not with my fucking father being so far shoved up your ass even with you being in a freaking coma. But you didn't have to cheat. Even I wouldn't do something like that."

Tony left the room and quickly got out of the building. Not wanting to be there for more than he had too. The bridge was burnt and the ashes had flown away. All that jazz, Tony had no more time to waste with the man that didn't care.

So Tony drove off to his favorite bar and planned to drown out his sorrows and problems.
"Whiskey." The brown haired man ordered as he sat down on the bar stool.

He placed his hands on top of the counter, laced together. Tony nodded at the bartender as a glass of whiskey was placed in front of him. He drank it all in one go and signaled the younger man for another one.

The brown liquid burned in his throat but he welcomed the pain. Wanting to get rid of the emotional pain he was feeling. People sucked, Tony decided playing with a napkin.

Another man, more gruff and muscular sat down next to Tony. "Come here often?" The man asked, smiling. Tony winced at the sight of his yellow stained teeth and bad breath.

"Weirdo." Tony mumbled under his breath. He placed a few bills on the counter and sat up to leave again.
Before that could happen the gruff guy gripped his arm tight.

"Not so fast, boss wants a word."
Fucking cliche, Tony thought as a blunt object slammed against his head, knocking him out.

A groan filled the air, as shuffling could be heard. Slowly the brown haired man with blood running down the side of his head. The man coughed violently and looked around confused.

"S-sir?" A soft voice squeaked.
The man jerked around and locked eyes with a much smaller face. "Kid?" What the hell is a kid doing here? The man thought sitting up on the hard steel floor.

"Are you okay?" The kid questioned, slowly moving towards the man. A  steel bar separated them but the opening was big enough for the child to reach into the man's cell and hold something out for him.

"They only give a bread and beef jerky sticks." The kid said.
The brown haired man stared at the small hand clutching the tiny piece of bread and a small stick of jerky. "Have you eaten?" The man asked, grabbing the food.

"Yeah, once in awhile they give me extra if I'm good. I saved it for you." The kid answered with a small smile on his face.
"Got a name?"

"Peter."
"Tony."

The situation started sinking into his brain as he looked around and could only see a very dim light in the distance. "Kid? Where are we?" Tony asked, trying to get up to his feet but failing.

"Um, I don't really know. I've been here for a long time." Peter replied, looking at Tony with worry. "Do you need some water?"

"And how long was that? What was the last thing that happened before you came here?" Tony ignored the question that was aimed at him.

"Uncle Ben and Aunt May had died." The kid said.

"That's not helping!" Tony shouted hyperventilating.
Peter quickly got to his feet and pressed himself closer to the bars. "Your having a panic attack. Just breathe, breathe."

Tony tried to focus on what Peter was saying but the darkness in his vision and the lightness the man felt proved to be wrong.

"-and so I had to clean up the kitchen. In my defense, I was bored and that was the only entertaining thing that happened that evening." Peter's voice, warmed its way into Tony's ears.

"How long ago was that?" Tony asked.
"Uh, a few years ago. You're not wearing anything heavy." Peter commented.

"What?" Tony breathed in.
"It was raining on that day. It was in the middle of Spring." The brown eyed kid told Tony.

"Fuck! Kid, it's almost August!" The man exclaimed.
Peter's eyes crest fallen. "Oh."

Tony leaned his head against the concrete wall. This kid has been in here for months! He thought to himself as he bit his lip. The man doubted that anyone would be looking for him. Well, maybe for Pepper. But by then it'll be too late.

Whatever their kidnapper wanted, it didn't matter if they were dead or alive. Tony judged from Peter's injuries.

"Why are you here? Do you know?" Tony asked him.
Peter shrugged his head, "They said something about an X-gene once? I don't know what that is though."

"It means you might be a mutant. With special powers." Tony told Peter.
The kid's eyes lit up at that, "Does that mean I can help us get out?"

"Maybe." Tony replied closing his eyes. "Let's see what they want first, yeah?"

Kicks By: Au/Ra