Lonely

Enjoy!

'Stupid TK what does he have that I don't?'

Davis thought to himself as he walked gloomy towards the park with his hands burried inside his jacket pockets. Davis is sadly walking around thinking about Kari and about what she actually thought of him. He decided to rest sitting on a bench. Not to far away there was a girl sitting underneath a tree with her digimon laying down beside her in many people's eyes they'll see it as a big dog but its actually a digimon called Dobermon.

"Dobermon, look that poor guy over there looks sad. Maybe I should introduce myself to him?"

"I don't think you should intervene"

The digimon said not bothering to see who she was referring to.

"Why not? What's the worst that can happen?"

"He might not be friendly"

He said as he looked up towards where his partner was looking at.

"You don't look friendly but you are actually very nice"

She said looking towards her digimon with a slight smile.

"People judge before they get to know me"

"You see that's my point you can't judge him, maybe he's going through something"

"Just leave him alone"

"But he looks like a good guy and besides a good guy shouldn't have bad days"

She said getting up. Dobermon looked up at her with a slight glare.

"Why don't you ever listen to me?"

"I can ask you the same thing"

She said with a giggle as she made her way to the sad guy wearing goggles. Dobermon kept his eye on his partner from a distance making sure nothing happens. The girl walked up to Davis and sat down beside him.

"Hi"

She said friendly but Davis said nothing, not even bothering looking towards the girl.

"I notice you from across the park and..."

"Look okay i don't know you so please leave me alone"

He said irratated. The girl froze from the harsh tone.

"Okay I'm sorry I thought you could use a friend, sorry for bothering you"

She said as she sat up and began to walk away back to her digimon and Davis finally looked up watch the girl retriving form. He began to feel guilty for lashing out his anger at a stranger that just only wanted to help. Davis quickly made up his mind and stood up.

"Hey wait"

He called out. The girl stop and turn around to look at Davis and he was surprise when he felt his heart skipped a beat when they made eye contact. The girl smiled walking back towards him, she to felt her heart skipped a beat when they made eye contact.

"I'm sorry for the way I reacted"

He said apologetic. The girl continued to smile at him.

"Do you want to come sit by me still?"

He asked. The girl nodded, as they made their way back to the bench and sat down.

"My name is Davis"

He said with a grin as he stretched out his hand to her.

"Penelope"

She said as she shook his hand.

"Why were you so down?"

She asked but quickly shook her head.

"I mean I saw you looking down and I was just wondering why but you don't have to tell me if you don't want to"

Davis sadly looked down.

"Its just I got rejected from my friend, she turned me down but she just kept throwing insults at me. She also admit that she been trying to get me jealous with another guy"

"Wow that's harsh. Are you okay?"

Davis looked at Penelope with a smile.

"Don't worry, I'll live"

"Good"

She said with a smile, she then notice he had a device on his hand.

"What's that?"

She asked motioning to his hands. Davis lifted it up for she can look at it.

"Its a Digivice called D-3"

Penelope looked at it amazed.

"Cool, it looks exactly like mine"

She said with a smile pulling out her digivice from her pocket. Davis was confused but was surprise that indeed she has one too.

"Oh so you have a digimon partner"

"Yeah. He's right over there"

She pointed. Davis turned and frowned as he saw a big black dog looking at him from a distance. Davis then looked back at Penelope.

"Um I don't think its..."

"Hahaha don't worry I know what you're thinking but I assure he is a digimon. Dobermon he wants to meet you!"

She called. The next thing Davis knew the digimon was bigger than both of them.

"Wow that is one big fello"

He said nervously. Dobermon looked at Davis.

"Is he a digidestined aswell?"

He asked towards Penelope who happily nodded.

"This is Davis and Davis this is Dobermon"

Penelope introduced. Dobermon nodded to Davis who waved at him. Penelope looked to Davis.

"So where is your partner?"

She asked.

"Oh I left him at home"

"Why?"

"Because I didn't want to tell him what was really going on in my head"

The next thing Davis knew Penelope leaned forward and kissed him on the cheek. He immediately blushed and touch where she kissed him, he looked at her in confusion.

"What was that for? We don't even know each other"

"Because you trusted me enough to tell me your problem instead of telling your digimon and on the plus side you do look cute to me"

She said standing up. Davis notice she was about to leave.

"Hey wait"

Penelope turned around.

"Yeah"

"Um would you like to meet me here again?"

He asked nervously.

"Sure, here's my number"

She said handing him a piece a paper with her number on it.

"Text me"

She said walking away with a wave with Dober walking beside her. Davis stood there standing with a bright smile on his face. Dobermon looked at his partner.

"Why did you really kiss him?"

He asked. Penelope giggled.

"Like I said he's cute and I would like to get to know him better"

She stated simply.

"I think you're going through your time of the month again"

He stated with a frown.

"I wish I never told you about my girl thing"

She stated with a pout.

A/N Rate and Comment