Date

Enjoy!

June walks into the livingroom to see Davis playing his video games on the floor and Penelope reading her comics on the couch.

"I thought you both said you were going on a date"

"We are on a date but now your ruining it"

Davis said without pausing his game. June rolled her eyes.

"Shouldn't you guys be on a real date or something instead of laying about at home"

Davis paused his game and Penelope stopped her reading and looked up.

"We are on a date"

Penelope said

"I mean on a real date. Come on Penelope my brother should treat you like a real women like you deserve"

June said with a sigh

"We just like doing our own things at least we keep each other company that's all that matters we don't need to change anything"

"Yeah we like this way better"

He said. June rolled her eyes.

"I think you are just using that excuse because your cheap"

She said walking away. Penelope and Davis looked at each other and began to laugh.

"Hahaha June doesn't even know we have reservations for dinner later on tonight"

"I know that's what makes it so funny"

Davis said with a laugh.

"Imagine if she was to know I was actually rich"

"Hahaha she would probably compliment you non-stop"

"Hahaha just like you"

Davis smiled at her.

"No that's different"

Penelope smirked at him.

"How so?"

"I compliment you everyday because it true and plus I love you"

He said sending her a wink. Penelope blushed with a smile.

"I love you too"

She said as she open her comic book. Davis turned around and continued playing with his video games. As he continued playing, Penelope stared at him with a smile.

'I know he loves me because if he didn't then he would have never paused his game just for to talk'

She thought with a smile.

*Restaurant*

Night time arrived, Penelope and Davis were on their way to the restaurant. It didn't take long for them to arrive. The waitress notice Penelope and nodded to her.

"The regular?"

"Yes please"

Penelope said with her hand linked with Davis. Penelope's parents owns 5 star restaurants, her father is the owner and her mother is the chef. The waitress lead Penelope and Davis to the private tables. They sat down together, ordered their drinks and their food.

"Hey so I talk to Kari"

"Oh and is she going to leave me alone?"

Davis nervously scratched the back of his head.

"Um I don't know, I mean I told her but I'm not sure if she got the message"

Penelope nodded as she took a sip of her drink.

"But I also talked to her brother, so maybe he could talk more sense to Kari then I can"

He said with a shrug. Penelope then stretched out her hand to reach Davis's hand and grabbed hold of it.

"I'm not trying to be rude but let's not talk about her anymore at least for tonight, this is our date"

"You're right. I'm sorry"

"Don't be, its just I didn't want you to be in a bad mood"

"Sorry"

He said sheepishly. Penelope smiled at him and leaned over to give him a kiss on the lips. Once they pulled away, Penelope felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned around to look up and smiled as she saw it was her mother.

"Hello my little doves. Davis and how are you?"

"I'm good Mrs. Hoggin"

"You should come over more often"

"Will do"

Davis said politely. The Hoggins love having Davis over at their mansion. They accept Davis fully as if he was their own son because they see him as a hard worker and they could clearly see that he loves their daughter more than anything and not only for money. Even though the Hoggins are rich, they're not like other snobbish rich folks.

"So are you love birds on a date?"

"Yes mom"

Penelope answered with a slight blush on her face. Mrs. Hoggin nodded.

"Okay okay I could tell by that face that you want some privacy with your boyfriend"

"Moooom"

Penelope whined a little from embarrassment. Mrs. Hoggin giggled as she kissed her daughter on the forehead before leaving.

"Take care you both"

"Promise"

Davis and Penelope said together. Just then their food arrived and they began to eat. As they were enjoying their food, a sound of a beep came from Davis's phone. Davis looked at Penelope sheepishly.

"Sorry"

He said lowly as he looked at his phone and frown. Penelope notice the look.

"What's wrong?"

"I just got a text from Kari, she said she wants to meet me tomorrow at the park for to apologize to me"

"I don't think you should go"

"But she said she is going to apologize"

"Yeah and she said the exact same thing to me when she wanted to apologize and look how that turned out"

"Maybe Tai talked to her"

Penelope frown at Davis.

"Why are you defending her?"

Davis looked at Penelope in surprise.

"I am not defending her"

"Yes you do, everytime when we talk Kari's name is always somehow brought into the conversation and if we don't talk about her then we don't talk at all. Its like if you still love her"

"That's not true"

"Then listen to me when I say don't go"

"But she is still my friend"

Penelope slammed her fork down at her plate and stood up. Davis looked at her in surprise.

"Hey, where are you going?"

"Out, I need some time to myself for I could cool off"

She said walking away. Davis quickly followed after her out of the restaurant. Davis quickly wrapped his arms around Penelope's waist from behind preventing her from moving. He leaned his head on her shoulder to whisper in her ear.

"I don't like Kari that way. I know you don't want me to go and I understand that but you also have to understand I am part of a team, I am also a leader and if there is a problem in my group then I need to help fix it thats why I have Tai and Matt to help me along the way. We're the digidestined Penelope, through thick and thin"

Penelope closed her eyes and leaned back into Davis's embrace.

"I understand"

A/N Rate amd Comment