Fake

Enjoy!

After spending the day with her friends at the park Kari finally went home to do some thinking. She was pacing back and forth in her room trying to think of a logical sense of what kind of game Davis is playing. Gatomon was on Kari's bed watching her partner dig a hole through the tile floor.

"Um Kari something wrong?"

She asked to her pacing partner. Kari stopped and roughly gripped her hair frustrated.

"Aagghh just what was he thinking?!"

She yelled to no one in particular. Gatomon's eyes open wide at the outburst.

"Kari what's wrong?"

She asked concern.

"Its Davis"

"What about him?"

"He claims he has a girlfriend but I think he is just playing her to just get my attention"

She said. Gatomon frown and raised one eyebrow in confusion.

"Why would he go through all of that just to get your attention?"

"I don't know"

She said as she sat on her bed. After a moment of silence, Kari smiled as she turn to Gatomon, Gatomon looked to Kari confused.

"What?"

She asked. Kari grin.

"You think you can go and talk to Veemon for to get information about this weird Penelope girl"

Gatomon was confused at the request but nonetheless nodded. Gatomon quickly went out to Davis's home and went to the balconey. She looked to see Davis's room and saw Veemon trying to play with Davis's video games. Gatomon smiled as she tapped on the glass. Veemon froze as he heard a knocking sound and quickly turned around to see Gatomon standing outside waving.

"I must be dreaming"

He said as went to open the door.

"Hey Gatomon, what brings you by?"

He asked. Gatomon shrugged as she looked around the room.

"I was just in the neighborhood and thought I'll just drop by"

"Oh well, do you want a snack?"

He asked politely. Gatomon shooked her head.

"Actually a little bird told me that Davis has a ladyfriend"

"Yeah that's right Penelope"

"Can you tell me about her?"

"What do you want to know?"

He asked as he sat on Davis's bed.

"Like what kind of girl like Penelope would be doing with a guy like Davis?"

Veemon frown at the question.

"That's a weird question. Um Penelope is a fun girl, she likes reading comics, she likes baking and they are very good by the way. I guess the reason why she's with a guy like Davis is because he's outgoing, fun and speaks his mind. Penelope wouldn't want to change a thing about Davis and I should know because I asked her myself even I couldn't believe Davis had a girlfriend"

"Why did it take Davis so long to speak now that he has a girlfriend?"

"Oh that's because Penelope's brother was in town and she wanted to spend time with him before he went off to camp"

"Wow I never knew that"

"Yeah and now it's my turn. Why all of a sudden you have a interest on Penelope?"

Gatomon frozed and quickly thought of anything.

"I was just curious that's all, you know like the saying goes curiosity is what kills the .... Well you know what I mean. Anyways, I gotta go"

She said as she began to make her way to the sliding doors and out to the balconey.

"Hey wait!"

Veemon called out. Gatomon stopped and turned around.

"Yeah"

"Um wanna try Penelope's goodies, they're very good"

He said. Gatomon smiled and nodded.

"Sure"

Veemon nodded and quickly went inisde to get two containers filled with cupcakes, brownies and cookies.

"One for you and one for Agumon"

He said. Gatomon grabbed the containers but as her hands reached out for it both of their hands touched causing Veemon to blush at the contact.

"Okay gotta go"

Gatomon said shyly as left the residence with the containers in hand. Gatomon finally arrived back at the Kamiya's home and opened the sliding doors. Kari saw Gatomon and quickly got in front of her dropping to her knees.

"So what did Veemon say?"

"He said that he asked her that what kind of girl like herself would be doing with a guy like Davis and she said that there is not a thing she will change about him"

Kari frown as she stood up.

"That can't be"

She said as she went back onto the bed. Kari then looked to Gatomon and finally took notice of the containers.

"What do you have there?"

"Oh Veemon gave me some treats for me and Agumon. Penelope made them and they are delicious, I had some on my way back."

She said as she open the container letting the aroma fill the room. The next thing Kari and Gatomon notice is that the door was slammed open to reveal Agumon sniffing the air.

"Something smells good"

He said as he walked up to Gatomon and notice the delicious treats.

"Can I have one?"

He asked with his mouth drooling. Gatomon smiled.

"Sure one is for you and the other is for me"

After one bite Agumon felt his eyes water at the delicious taste.

"Who made these, it taste too good to be made from you"

He said insulting Gatomon who slightly glared at him.

"It was Penelope, she made them"

"Really? Davis's girlfriend?"

"That's the one"

Kari then looked to Agumon in surprise.

"Wait you know Penelope?"

She asked as she made her way in front of Agumon.

"Yeah Tai and I met Penelope a few months ago with Davis"

Kari then got on her knees and grabbed Agumon by the shoulder scaring him a little causing him to sweat dropped.

"Quick what do you know about Penelope"

"What do you want to know?"

He asked with a nervous chuckle. After a while of talking Kari felt like she was getting a headache. She got the same information she got from Veemon.

"I think someone is plotting against me"

She said to herself on the bed. Gatomon and Agumon stood to the side.

"Is Kari okay?"

He whispered to Gatomon who whispered back.

"I think she's paranoid"

A/N Rate and Comment