Hard Truth

Enjoy!

Kari decided that she wasn't going to sit around and let this Penelope get hurt by Davis's game. She went to Davis's home, she knew that Penelope had to be there. She knocked on the door and waited. June answered the door.

"Hello"

"Hey June"

"Hi Kari, how's it been?"

"Good. Um by any chance is Davis home?"

"Sure, come in"

Kari stepped inside while June called for Davis banging on his lock door. He came out of his room annoyed.

"What?!"

He yelled but froze in silence as he saw Kari standing in his livingroom.

"Oh Kari, what are you doing here?"

He asked confused. Kari gave him a smile.

"Actually I was wondering if I can talk to Penelope. Is she here?"

"Yeah she is but what do you want to talk about with her?"

He asked with a raised eyebrow, crossing his arms over his chest. Kari just shrugged.

"I just wanted to apologize and start over and get to know her"

Davis nodded after thinking Kari was sincere to her words and went to get Penelope. Kari smirk as Davis left the room. Just then Penelope stepped into the livingroom.

"You wanted to talk?"

She asked tilting her head to the side. Kari nodded with a smile.

"Yeah. Do you want to come and get a cone of ice cream while we talk?"

"Sure"

Kari and Penelope went towards the exit while Penelope puts on her shoes and together they went to an ice cream parlor shop. After getting their ice cream and paying for it, they sat next to the window. Kari then let out a sigh.

"Penelope, I think your a very nice girl"

Penelope looked to Kari in confusion of the way she is starting the conversation.

"Thanks...... Um where is this going?"

"I think its time you know the truth"

"Which is?"

"Davis liked me before you"

Penelope smiled in confusion.

"So. I knew about your guys history and Davis told me he liked you a long time ago"

Kari then caught Penelope by her hand scaring her a little.

"I know but don't you see his feelings for me are still there. I'm afraid he's going to hurt you because the reason he is only with you is to get me jealous"

Penelope frown and pulled her hand back.

"That's not possible. Davis isn't like that besides he told me those feelings have faded. He's a great guy that's not part of his personality"

"You don't know him like I do. He's not over me"

Penelope glared at Kari.

"Okay then fine can you tell me why? Is it because you keep playing him thinking that he still has a chance with you? Or you're misleading him? Or because he finally realized he wasn't going to wait for someone who tries to keep getting under his skin"

She said angrily as she stood up. Kari mouth hanged open in shock.

"And for the record our relationship is real even though its hard for you to accept that and I'm not going to end my relationship with Davis just because you're confused"

She said about to walk away but stopped to look back to Kari.

"Oh and Kari, if you want to know stuff about me, come and tell me directly don't go asking around and have your digimon run errands for you"

Kari mentally gasp.

"How did you know?"

"Because Dobermon was outside on the roof of the balcony when your Gatomon arrived and the sliding door was open so he heard everything"

She said as she left the shop. Kari was lost in words and frown at the table in front of her.

'Wow Davis is playing her really good'

She then smirk.

'If Davis wants to play then I'll show him how to play'

She thought as she stood up and left the shop. Once Kari went home, she went to her room and thought about her next move until a knock from her door broke her out of her trance. She looked to her doorway and saw her brother but he seemed a bit troubled.

"Yeah"

She asked.

"Davis is at the door, he wants to talk to you but he seems pissed and that's not like him"

He said concern. Kari nodded and got up from her bed as she made her way out of her room but before she fully stepped out Tai grabbed her arm stopping her.

"Did you have anything to do this?"

He asked. Kari shrugged.

"I don't know"

She said. Tai then let her go as she went to answer the door. She opened the door to reveal a pist off Davis, breathing hard with his arms crossed over his chest.

"We are going to have a long talk"

He said sternly. Kari looked at him with a smirk and turned around to face Tai who was standing by the door, trying to figure out what's going on.

"I'm gonna be out with Davis"

She said as she put on her shoes and left walking by Davis side.

"Be safe"

He said as he closed the door. He then went to the kitchen to get a cup of juice and found Agumon and Gatomon sitting at the table eating their lunch. After serving his cup of juice and drank his cup. He looked to Agumon and Gatomon.

"Hey by any chance do you guys know what's going on bewteen Davis and Kari?"

"What do you mean?"

Gatomon asked. Tai sat down beside Agumon.

"Davis is mad about something and wanted to talk to Kari"

"Maybe it has something to do with Kari trying to find out information about Penelope"

Agumon said. Tai looked at Agumon in surprise.

"What?"

"Yeah Kari wants to know what kind of girl like Penelope would want to be with someone like Davis"

Gatomon answered. Tai quickly put the pieces together and judging by Davis and Kari's history it wasn't going to be good.

"Oh man"

He said as he made a facepalm.

'I hope Kari didn't just ruin her friendship with Davis'

A/N Rate and Comment