17

I didn't want to die. My entire soul was rebelling against the idea of dying. I didn't want to. All of my power was going to the concept of not dying. I didn't want to. "Ray?" Apollos voice came from really far. "Ray! Ray, please..." I felt a tear falling on my cheek. My body felt cold. The world was dark. But then, I felt a little bit of warmth in my toes. I started to spread through the rest of my body. I tickled in my toes and fingers. It felt like a hearth started to warm in my body. It started in my stomach, than it spread. When it reached my head, I opened my eyes. The world seemed so bright, my vision was so sharp. I looked straight into Apollos face. He smiled.
"Ami... Am I... Am I dead?" I managed to say. "No, Ray. You are immortal now, Ray." I didn't believe at first. I widened my vision. Rose, Tamara and the gods were standing behind me. Patroclus was crying, while Rose patted him on the back. They were all smiling (except for Patroclus). I stood up, smiling as well. Apollo stayed down on one knee. "Now, Ray. The official moment, then. So, do you want to marry me?" He smiled an irresistible smile. "Yes, I do." I stared at him. "Wait, before we seal the deal, I need to do something." I walked over to Tamara and Rose. "Rose, do you want to be my er... nymph-servant I guess?" Rose smiled from ear to ear. "Yes! Yes! I want to!" she threw her arms around my neck and hugged me tight. After some time I pulled away. I still am not a hug person. Tamara stood right next to me. "Tamara, you will be the greatest demigod that ever lived. I promise. Does everyone hear me? I promised! She will be greater than any demigod that ever became an actual god! She will be the best! Does everyone hear me?" The people around me nodded. Than I walked back to Apollo. "Now, we were getting married, weren't we?" He smiled. I smiled. Than we kissed. It was the best kiss I ever had.

But of course, thunderguy himself had to interfere. He didn't come down from Olympus while we were being killed, but to lovers kiss and the world exploded. "Apollo, I told you not to touch my daughter. You disobeyed my rules. Now, you shall be punished." "No, dad." My tone sounded braver than I felt. "I want to marry this guy. Stay angry about it for eternity." I turned my back around and immediately felt a hand on my shoulder. It was Artemis. "Ray, can I ask you the same question one more time?" I smiled at her. "No, Artemis. I made my decision. I am going to marry your brother. Sorry." She looked disappointed at first, but then a smile grew on her face. "Hm, maybe Apollo won't be chasing after every man or woman he sees anymore, than. Maybe." She walked away, collected her hunters, waved one more time and disappeared into the shadows. I smiled. Than, out of nowhere, Apollo picked me up, bridal style. "Come, Ray. Let me show you Olympus," he said, and we flew away.