7

Argus dropped us off in front of the Empire State Building. We waved when he drove off. Scout was the first one to break the silence, with some classic words: Let's go up to the central station. That sounded like a logical thing to do, so we went for it. Nobody said a word while we made our way to the station.

When we arrived at the station, I immediately sensed something was wrong. It felt like someone was eyeing me up. Actually, no. That's stupid. I felt like multiple people were eyeing me up. And looking at my friends, I clearly wasn't the only one who felt that way. We all looked uncomfortable. Let's get on a train fast. There has to be a train straight to Memphis, Tamara remarked. The rest of us nodded. While we were still in camp Halfblood, we had collected every last penny we had lying around. The amount of money was just enough for a train ticket straight to Memphis, plus 4 bottles of coca cola and 4 pizzas. High-class life, I know. We settled into our seats, ate our food and then we all took a nap. While we were doing all of this, I couldn't help but feel like somebody was looking at me the whole time.

And what do you think? Someone was looking. After a finally almost fell asleep, someone behind me screamed and a sword almost cut my head of. I immediately jumped up and screamed back, waking the rest. Scout got her bow out, Tamara fluttered her eyelashes and Rose fainted. I saw three men in standing in front of me. I didn't know who they were, so like an idiot, I screamed: Who are you people? The tallest, most-likely-to-be-the-leader and, I gotta say, also the most handsome one, said: I am Theseus. This one left behind me is Paris, and on the right stands Jason. We are here to gain more fame for what we did. We can't use new heroes while we are trying to accomplish that. So prepare for a sudden death! He tried to attack me again. I stopped his sword with mine. Theseus? Tamara said, clearly using charmspeak, I know you. You are the handsome, terrific and brave guy who beat the minotaur. Jason, you were the leader of the argonauts. She fluttered her eyelashes and giggled. Paris, you are the most handsome of the group, no doubt. The way you won Helens love? Amazing. We know all about you three. Yet, gentlemen, we gotta get of the train. She grabbed Roses arms, while Scout grabbed her legs. I walked towards the doors of the still moving train. Tamara went on with speaking in the most charming way I ever heard anybody speak. You don't mind that, now do you, my men? Such charming, strong and independent men shouldn't be afraid of a few women! What were you guys thinking? We would only waste your time. Scout reached towards the emergency brake and pulled it hard. The train stopped with a huge speed, and all seven of us got catapulted into a big pile. Luckily, the train stopped and the doors opened. Rose woke up. Sadly, Tamara's enchantment broke, and my shirt did as well. We all got up quickly. Rose wobbled a little, but Scout and Tamara supported her while we jumped of the train and ran into a convenient nearby forest. We kept running until I didn't feel someone lurking at us anymore. We fell down to the ground, panting. I don't know how long we laid there. I do know that eventually we got up to our feet again. Let's get walking, peeps, Tamara said. We can't get lost here, can we now? We made it through New York without a map! The rest of us didn't have the energy to speak, so we all nodded and got going.