Chapter 13 - A New Dawn, A New Day

Dawn's POV

I was startled awake by the sound of clanging metal. I quickly sat up in bed and almost hit my head on the wood bunk above me.

I looked around and in the hazy light streaming in through the two tiny windows. I saw a girl hop down from the bunk above me. She turned towards me and froze when she saw me gazing back.

"Who the hell are you?" she questioned.

I was a little taken aback by the harshness in her voice, but then again, I was almost an intruder in her room.

"I'm Dawn," I replied. "Who are you?"

The girl looked a little more relaxed once I introduced myself. "I'm Lucy," she said as she walked closer to my bed. "You must be the new room mate they told us we were getting."

I nodded as I stood up. "That would be me." I held out my hand and smiled. "Nice to meet you."

She smiled and took my hand and shook it firmly. "Nice to have someone new around here, especially a girl. I got sick of having two buffoons to room with." she said as she gestured to the other bunk bed.

I wondered if there was another girl that roomed here before me, and what happened to her. I was brought out of my thoughts however as the two guys had started to stir and Lucy quickly dragged me over to the closet.

"Change now before the two baboons get up and make it awkward for you." she instructed while quietly opening up the closet.

I nodded as I grabbed out my set of clothes. It was a midnight blue short sleeved shirt, black skinny jeans, and a pair of black combat boots.

Quickly throwing them on, I turned around to find Lucy dressed too.

"What, no leather jacket?" I kidded as I walked over to her.

She laughed. "Nah, you get it once you complete training and make it in."

I laughed. "Well that makes sense."

She nodded as she laced up her boots. "Do you have any jewelry on? Take it off if you do, Max will have a fit if he sees any."

I felt my neck to grab my locket, and I freaked out when it wasn't there. I rushed over to my bed to search for it, and I relaxed when I remembered that I had shoved it under the mattress.

Walking back over to Lucy at the table, I propped my foot up on a chair to re-lace my boots.

"So what is training like?" I asked, trying to be friendly with Lucy. I needed as many friends as possible if I was going to fit in here.

She smiled at me as she set her foot down of the chair and fixed her shirt.

"To be honest, it's hard," she said. "It just depends on the day, the trainer, and how your feeling though."

I finished lacing my boot up, and I set it down on the floor. When I looked up, I was met with a pair of very dark brown eyes staring at me.

"Who is she?" questioned the owner of the brown eyes with worry.

"Relax Parker," Lucy said. "This is Dawn, she's our new room mate and the new trainee."

He looked back at me, not showing any emotions.

"Nice to meet you," I said giving him a little wave.

He gave me a blank look, and the next thing I knew he was hurdling at me and crushed me in a very awkward hug.

"I have a new buddy!" Parker cheered.

My arms were stuck down at my sides, and I looked at Lucy for help before I was squeezed to death.