Epilogue

Epilogue

I sigh, stretching out the slight stiffness in my sore muscles. I roll over and throw my arm over the empty side of the bed. Bed? But we were on the roof.

I hear the soft padding of feet and look up to see Rowin, bed-head hair sticking up in all directions. "Good morning, ma chérie. How are you this morning, my love?"

"A little sore, but never more perfect, nice hair."

He runs a big hand through the silky locks, looking sexier than ever. "Well, you were pulling on it a lot last night. Are you enjoying your handiwork?" I can hear the devilish grin in his words.

"It looks good on you. Makes you look sexy and a little dangerous."

"Do I not look dangerous already?"

I shake my head, "sorry, but no."

"Not even being what I am?" I shrug my shoulder.

A chuckle escapes him and he joins me in bed. "So, how did we get in here? We were on the roof last night."

"Ahh, interesting story. Well, I do not sleep, really. I was so enveloped in you last night that I blacked out for a little. When I came to you were asleep and I would have left you, but when I touched you your skin was cool. So, I brought you in here and lit a fire. I did not want you to catch a cold. I promised you I would protect you."

"Okay, so you do not sleep. So, what do you do at night then?"

"Many things, last night was devoted to caring for you though, making sure you were comfortable, warm. I also made sure breakfast would be ready for when you woke up."

We snack on fruit and drink tea. Silence surrounds us, but it is not uncomfortable.

Rowin's tone is serious when he speaks next, "We need to be careful, you know a lot about me and we have – been together – and there are rules. You are in danger for many reasons and I need to protect you."

"It's not her you should be worrying about." My eyes quickly shift to a dark, clocked figure by the open window. "You are in far more trouble than she is. She is a helpless human, who was unfortunate enough to be prey to you."