Dear roommate 03 First letters

Unlike anyone, Meryl wasn't alwayd up to waiting on something but she waited for her letter to come from Don. She was kind of worried sick that something happened or he forgot about her.

But she had to move from the apartment. Yeah, she got a new role in Kramer vs Kramer. She was going to work with Dustin Hoffman.

But her first day meeting him wasn't as pleasant.

"Hi I'm Dustin..." He came towards her putting out his hand. He gave a nasty burb touching her breast. "Hoffman."

With millions of tears in her eyes, Meryl came running into her apartment. She had to keep it in the whole day. When she finally reached the apartment she burst out in tears and headed into the house.

Her mood got lightened up when she saw her letter on the floor. She pick it up and ran towards the table taking a seat.

Dear Meryl

I'm really sorry for not saying goodbye properly. I just want to let you know that I've arrived safely. I hope you are well.

We haven't really gotten to know each other in details. We've been so busy trying to get comfortable that we missed the only solution to that.
Well, I'm Donald Gummer but everyone calls me Don. Donald just...it reminds me of a pizza guy that drives a old silly trashy car looking like a duck.
I'm a sculpture. I am divorced as you've heard and I'm also single.

Don't think of me as someone that's trying to mislead you. I love taking things slow but when I'm certain about some things there's nothing stopping me from trying. But when I try something and there is some reason not to, I'll do whatever pleases it.

I've left you a little game though. Before you write back, I need you to go look in the refrigerator in a red lunchbox. Have fun.

Don.

With a smile on her lips she ran to the refrigerator grabbing the red lunchbox. There's a note. The grab the note.

"Look in the couch." She read. She put it down and run to the couch feeling in it. She came unto another note. "The game has begun. Don't chicken out. Enjoy. It is brown. You can eat dinner on the top. But not on the bottom."

She walk to the dinner table and look upon it. With a smile she look under the table finding a note sticked there. She take it and take a deep breath.

"When I wake up I go to the bathroom. I clean my face and wipe it with what."

"Full of games Don Gummer." She giggled like silly girl and went to the bathroom. She open his towel seeing a note and an object falling. She pick it up after putting his towel back.

"Sugar gives us energy. What is the opposite?"

She take the chocolate from the back of the note with a smile eating it as she made he way in the kitchen to the salt. She open the salt pot seeing nothing. A moment of figuring it out, she lift up the pot finding a note there.

"Your tears are like salt. It is unique, always there but gives the best taste on the end of the day. Where do you lay your tears down in the beginning?"

"Smooth Gummer. Real smooth." She gave a heavy sighed looking around. "Tissues? Pillows? Pillows!"

She run into the bedroom lifting up the pillow. It's a double bed though. She lift his side of the pillow finding a envelope. She take it and open it praying for it to be the last conclusion.

"Your smile lights up any day without even trying. Your voice is the music that makes the wind and the river jealous. Your face is like a portrait wearing the most beautiful Mona-lisa smile that's screaming to reach out. You are like the sun, always promise a tomorrow, always here today, gave us memories of yesterday day, going around the world lightening up everyone's days. Just want to say, may you have a beautiful day everyday beautiful." She read. Tears appear in her eyes. She put all the notes in her bedside seeing another note laying there and a package. She gave a smile picking it up. "If you found this, it means you wanted to store these notes. Hope you like your present. Don."

It all got quiet for Meryl. She takes the package and unwrap it finding a juwel box. Opening it she gave a smile. It's a set. Earing and a necklace made of pearls.

Dear Don

Thank you for the gift and the game. I had so much fun though. I'm doing kind of well. I'm glad you made it safe there.

I'm going to agree with what you said though. We need to know each other in details.
I am Mary Louise Streep but call me Meryl because that's what everyone does. I am an actress, you know.
I just recently lost a boyfriend that died of cancer which Third must've told you.
I'm really thankful that you're having me here at you place and that you trust me with your place. I'll protect it with my life.

Taking things slow was never actually on my list. I am usually the one that rushes off. Ask Third. If I like someone, I proof it. Being honest is my main concerns.
Thanks for the note and the present though. My day wasn't actually so great and I'm not going to lie about it. I came home in tears but thanks to you, I have a smile again. I started looking for apartments but can't seem to find anything. I'm so badluck.

Anyway, please don't leave me waiting. Please write back.

Meryl