Note

Welcome to "The Shadow."

As of publishing this in May 2019, this project is a combined four years of work. I truly, truly love Marvel and everything the MCU has done for me and thousands of people around the world. I hope that I've done the characters justice, while also creating my own character to insert into the universe.

This book could have been separated into separate books for each movie; however, I find it easier to keep everything all in one place and readers can pick and choose where they want to start (also, I only want to deal with one Word document).

Between each movie are "interlude" chapters. They are four chapter short-stories of Marie's adventures, trials and tribulations. You do not have to read them, but I highly encourage you do so :)

Throughout the chapters, I'll add the occasional "fun fact" in the comments about the scenes and the characters. I re-wrote the whole book about halfway through writing the first draft, and then re-revised the first part of the revision. Excessive, maybe, but this project is a labor of love and is, effectively, my baby.

I do not create playlists or deal with "casting" for my characters, picture whomever you wish based off my descriptions. I do have song quotes at the beginning of each section to give you a feel for the tone of the section (notice most of them are from The Score... I love their music and it just really fit the grit and determination I was looking for).

This character, my Marie, has a stutter. I do not have a stutter, but know someone who does. There are many types of stutters that follow their own speech patterns and have their own difficulties. I modeled Marie's stutter after my friend's, but it is also edited for clarity and ease-of-reading. Please be kind if you feel this stutter is not as accurate as it could be (this applies to any and all other areas in this book).

It goes without saying, but outside of my own original characters and plot lines, everything else is credited to Marvel and the amazing Stan Lee.

Buckle up, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!

awriter_trying2write

Table of Contents:

1. Before

2. Avengers

[interlude: Restitution]

3. The Winter Soldier

[interlude: A Very Avenger Christmas]

4. Age of Ultron

[interlude: Wanderings]

5. Civil War

6. The Rest

Final Count

62 Chapters

528 Pages

181,088 Words

Infinite love for those who have made it this far and for those who are only just beginning.