Wanderings: Chapter One

The following is a collection of letters, postcards, notes, etc. found in Marie Devnner's possessions. Each document was carefully processed and scanned into the database. Minor damage was sustained to various documents and digital reparations were attempted; however, some words are illegible.

They were never sent.

++++++++++

Thor,

You were right. I can feel the Norse magic here in Iceland—it's everywhere. It's almost like a low hum. You can really feel it when you're out alone in these vast green spaces or at the base of one of the thousands of thundering waterfalls (see what I did there? Clever, I know).

I think you [illegible] the Fae still living in these lands. But I don't know anymore, I've heard and seen some strange things while camping.

Can you read these runes? They say that the Icelandic language [illegible] the time of the Vikings, I wonder if they're similar to your Asgardian runes.

--- Marie

PS. I found your goat chariot, I still don't understand why you got rid of it ;)

++++++++++

Amsterdam is beautiful. Tony, you should [illegible] tour for the next Team Building event. We can eat Gouda and stroopwafels. Maybe rent some bikes too. Clint—have you ever considered tulip farming? I think you can convert some of that prairie grass into a beautiful tulip field.

PS. No, Tony, I did not visit the Red Light District. Don't bother asking about it.

++++++++++

Dear Coulson,

I just finished a Harry Potter tour throughout the UK. It was magical.

I know it's been a while and your busy on that road trip with that "bus" of yours, but I hope you get to do this too. I'll [illegible] see it all again. The train in Scotland is amazing and the views from it are indescribable. Kings Cross Station in London has the cheesiest, corniest set-up for Harry Potter and it's everything you could ask for.

Guess what? I got myself a wand!

Ridiculous, I know, but I couldn't help it. There's [illegible] and I'm using it to write this note in the dark. Obviously it's Hermione's wand, but I almost went for Harry's wand because, you know. Harry Potter.

--- Always Marie

++++++++++

Paris is a little big for my taste. It's beautiful and grand and plenty romantic—too romantic for my single, asexual self. The food is the best part though. Sure, the Eiffel Tower is cool, but the pastries are even better! [illegible] stolen a recipe for pain au chocolat from a rather famous pastry shop...

++++++++++

Dia dhuit Steve,

Irish is very difficult to learn, and I see why you're only conversational with it. These words are bloody hard to spell, let alone pronounce.

I visited your mother's home—at least, her hometown. I don't think the cottage is still standing anymore (I tried looking for it). But the town is beautiful. It's small and everyone knows each other. The local pub is cozy and warm, almost like home. Tony would hate the wood paneling everywhere, but I think it's charming.