08. Humanity

𝐇𝐔𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐘
۵

Mount Justice; October 10th, 16:58 EDT

"Pineapple juice?" Captain Marvel offered a glass with a paper umbrella to a relaxing Wally. His arm was in a cast and he sat in a reclining chair, all of his technology at his elbow.

"Ah! Just what the doctor ordered," the speedster said appreciatively after taking a long sip.

"How's the arm doing, Wally?" the Captain asked curiously.

"Well, nothing wrong that nachos can't cure." Wally wasn't subtle with his motives, leaning back in his chair.

I rolled my eyes at his manipulation of the superhero, but the Captain was also rather gullible for a hero like him. I kicked Robin to the ground, him landing on his back and gaining me 5 points as he groaned. I walked up to him, holding out a hand quietly.

Robin smiled, gladly taking my hand. 

"How is your head?" I rasped as I helped him stand.

"A lot better. You look like you're doing a lot better now." he observed me with a softer smile than usual. I slowly nodded and offered a small smile back.

"Good work everyone," Black Canary spoke up, "in fact, it's been a very productive week."

Kaldur and M'gann went to the center of the training ring and stopped, looking over at Artemis who was staring at Wally.

"Yeah, for everyone except Kid Malingerer." the archer taunted.

Wally finished his drink, glaring at the blonde. "Hey, arm broken in combat against the Injustice League here." he waved his casted arm to prove his point.

Black Canary chuckled, "I've really enjoyed being your..." she struggled to find a word to describe it, "den mother this week."

Recognize: Zatara; 1-1

Everyone turned toward the man in the suit and top hat, standing in the Zeta-Tube as he walked out and pulled up a HoloScreen. He didn't utter a word to anyone.

Access Granted. Recognize:

Zatanna Zatara; A-0-3

Authorization: Zatara; 1-1

The Zeta-Tube lit up again and Zatara stepped up. "Zatanna, this is the Team. Team, my daughter, Zatanna." 

She looked almost identical to her father except for her eyes that were a baby blue and she was in a school uniform.

M'gann flew over to the clearly nervous girl, landing easily. "Hi, I'm -"

"Robin!" the Boy Wonder cut her off with a bout of vibrancy I had never seen before and a wave. He cleared his throat as he took a step forward, "I mean, I'm Robin. Ah, she's Megan, and that's Wally, Artemis, Kaldur, and Connor."