01. Infiltrator

𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐈𝐋𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑
۵

Gotham City; August 8th; 16:35 EDT

I swatted her hand away, rolling over in the twin sized bed and looking up at Artemis, taking my time to sit up. It was merely 4:35 p.m. and I fell asleep three hours ago – finally.

"We're about to head out. Get suited up," Artemis smiled, moving her hand away from my forehead. She stood, Green Arrow behind her. I wouldn't have noticed him if it weren't for the excessive amount of green in my line of sight.

I gave a slow nod, pulling the covers off me and standing. The last few months have been a struggle, I was lucky if I could even get out of bed. Artemis would check up on me from time to time, leave food by the side of my bed, but after what happened. What they did. What I did. I couldn't bring myself to eat.

Green Arrow decided it would be best for me to accompany Artemis to Mount Justice, and become a part of a team. A good team. He thought it would be good for me to be around people who can help me. I couldn't argue back, not having the strength to do so.

۵

Mount Justice; August 8th; 17:19 EDT

We had just arrived, not even a minute ago. Most of Young Justice was there, except the obvious KidFlash. Artemis told me about how she rescued him from some sort of robotic human made by Professor Ivo. I didn't pay much attention when she told me, too focused on the robotic green monkeys she talked about. Personally, I blame her for starting with the only interesting aspect of that fight.

Before Green Arrow or Batman could get a word out, the Zeta-Tube lit up, her automated voice ringing through my ears. It was louder than expected but I couldn't cover my ears otherwise it would raise suspicion.

Recognized: Kid Flash B-0-3.

He sped through, carrying as many beach day necessities in his arms and on his back as he could. "The Wall-Man is here!" he called out, his flip flops slapping against the floor, "let's get this party star-"

Kid Flash cut himself off, tripping over his umbrella pole, falling face forward to the ground. I watched the debacle as the beach ball came bouncing past Batman who stared down at the ginger with narrowed eyes.

Lifting his head, the speedster noticed how we were all dressed for a mission, "...ted." he finished his statement weakly.

I raised a brow at him before looking at Artemis, wanting to tell her that saving someone as clumsy as him is not an accomplishment. Before I could move my mouth she had already opened hers.