Chapter Thirteen

"So, you're telling me that Patrick didn't just walk away from me?" Millie narrows at Andy.

"I'm telling you that that is the note I found in his room. Like I said before, he hide it when I walked in on him this morning." Andy states blankly.

"How do you know he didn't write it?"

"You don't really believe that do you?" Andy frowns.

Millie bows her head.

"And I think something similar happened to Robert."

"Oh," Millie laughs. "And you have proof of that?"

"No, but I have seen how they look at you. Now, they aren't in love with you." Millie smiles with Andy. "But, they do care about you. They wouldn't just leave you." Andy rests a hand on Millie's shoulder. "Not everyone one in life leaves. Not all of them that leave intend to stay away."

"I'm a little messed up like that." Millie shrugs.

Andy smiles. "We all are a little messed up."

"How are you messed up?" Millie raises her eyebrows up and down with a grin.

Andy winks. "That's a secret. Now, will you tell me where you were?"

Millie's face falls as she looks back at her lap. "I ran into Matthew."

"Millie"

She shrugs. "Like I said when I came in, it's been a hard day."

"Well, let's make tomorrow a harder day and we can go save your friend."

Millie smiles sadly. "What? He's not your friend?"

Andy laughs. "We'll see."

(¯’·.¸¸.-> °º º° <-.¸¸.·'¯)

 When I wake up, I find myself in a strange bedroom. I am sprawled out on a tree green bed spread like I was thrown onto it. All the wood in the room is dark. The wall paper is cream and there is wood paneling half way up the walls. The door is to my right and is smooth. The room is void of any windows. The queen size bed I lay on is a canopy bed. Is it wrong to feel slightly like I am a prince with this bed?

I stand up and look around for a clock. The nightstand has a lamp, the dresser has a ballerina figurine, and the walls are bare except for a cheap painting of the ocean and a taxidermy beaver head. I other words, I have no way to tell time. I walk over to the door to find it locked. I knock on it to discover it is solid and hard.

With nothing left to do, I look in the dresser. The top drawer has t shirts. The one right bellow it has button downs, after that there are jeans and slacks, after that are socks and underwear, and finally there are three pairs of shoes: tennis shoes, black dress shoes, and red converse.