EIGHT

Sirius and James hit it off really well at lunch. Sirius loved Fleamont and Euphemia. They were the kindest adults he had ever met with hearts bigger than his whole family's combined.

He ended up staying a few weeks at the Potters house without a single word from his parents. Until a week before they were meant to head back to Hogwarts.

Sirius and James were outside, lounging on the grass after playing one on one quidditch when Sirius heard his mother yelling at Euphemia Potter in the living room.

Quickly, James and Sirius ran in to see what all the commotion was and sure enough, Walburga Black stood in the living room with Regulus and a scowl on her face.

"Sirius Orion Black," She said with hard force. He could tell she was gripping at her wand in her pocket as she glared at him.

Sirius slowly backed away, fear getting the best of him.

Regulus made eye contact with him, mouthing 'I'm sorry.' Sirius could tell by the bruises on his face that he didn't have a choice.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Black," Euphemia said. "There seems to have been a misunderstanding. Sirius said you knew about —"

"My son, as you may have come to notice, is an awful child. He lied."

Sirius shrank at her words, upset that the Potters now knew how awful he really was.

Walburga grabbed her sons arm tightly, pulling him to her side. "You're coming home. We'll discuss your punishment there."

She started to drag her two sons, but out of fear, Sirius tried to pull his arm out of her grip. She pulled him tighter.

"Knock it off, Sirius," she hissed. "We're going home."

Ariah entered the hogwarts express with Remus, the two going their separate ways as Ariah sprinted off to find Sirius and Remus went to find Peter and James.

She found him sitting in a compartment with a boy who looked a lot like him, only younger.

Both boys sported bruises and scratches on their faces. The room was filled with anxiety and emotional turmoil.

"What the bloody hell happened to you?" Ariah asked, sitting next to Sirius to examine his face. "Get into a fist fight with this first year did you?"

"This is my brother, Regulus" Sirius said. "We, er — we were wrestling and got a bit carried away...."

She looked at Regulus who kept his eyes drawn to the floor. She wasn't sure she believed Sirius, but she didn't want to pry.

Pulling out her wand, she noticed Sirius and Regulus tense up.

"What're you doing?" Sirius asked.

"I'm not going to hurt you Siri," she said. "I'm going to heal your bruises."

She put the tip of her wand to his nose. "Episkey," she said.

The bruises and scratches on his face healed. "Good as new." She kissed the corner of his eye, where the bruise was.

She turned to Regulus. "Do you want me to do it to you? Not the kiss. I don't know you well enough for that."

Sirius chuckled, the anxiety washing away.

Regulus shook his head, standing to his feet. "I should go."

He left without another word, shutting the door behind him.

"You okay, Sirius?" Ariah asked.

Sirius nodded. "A bit of a rough summer... I ran into James."