TWENTY-THREE

"Ms. Lupin — you realize this is the third week in a row that you've been in detention," Professor McGonagall said.

"Caught outside of the castle after hours, ditching classes, sneaking fire-whisking into the castle, mouthing off the teachers, hexing students and the list goes on! Professor Sprout and I are unsure of what to do with you at this point!"

"It's like you're trying to get expelled," Professor Sprout said with a sigh. "We have no choice but to ban you from hogsmeade for the year."

"Is that all?" Ariah asked.

The two Professors looked to each other in shock before looking back at the troubled girl in front of them.

"You'll be having an escort to all your classes — Mr. Longbottom, the Hufflepuff prefect," Sprout said.

Ariah shook her head. "This is ridiculous. I don't need an escort."

"Clearly, Ms. Lupin, you do."

"I really don't need you escorting me to my classes..." Ariah mumbled. She sent glares to the students who watched her and Frank Longbottom walk through the halls.

Frank Longbottom, who was at least a foot taller than her. Who was the captain of the Hufflepuff Quidditch team and the most well liked student in hogwarts. Ariah was the least liked student in hogwarts and together, they made for quiet the round of gossip.

"Professor Sprout told me to make sure you get to your classes, so that's exactly what I'm doing," Frank said with a large grin.

Ariah didn't understand why he was also so cheeky and smiley and optimistic. He was like a walking ray of sunshine and it pissed Ariah off to no end.

"Well this is my class," she said, stopping at the doorway of her potions class. "You can go now."

"Ooh no you don't," Frank said. "I wasn't born yesterday. I'm not leaving until you sit in your seat."

Ariah growled, rolling her eyes and marching to her table with Lily, Alice and Mary. She looked to Frank who smiled and put a thumbs up before leaving.

"Merlin he drives me insane," she mumbled.

"Frank?!" Alice asked. "He's so dreamy though!"

"Maybe you should have come to class like I kept telling you to, and then you wouldn't need him to escort you to class," Lily said.

Ariah rolled her eyes. "Maybe you should mind your own Lily."

She stood up, setting herself down at an empty table as Professor Slughorn began class.

"I can't stand her right now!" Lily complained after potions. Alice and Mary looked to their friend.

"Ariah?" Mary asked.

"Yes! We get it, your mum is sick but there's not need to be so moody about it all time! I swear! and she won't even hang out with me and she stalks around this castle like woe is me and —"

"What's happening over there?" Alice asked, pointing outside the castle.

There was a large crowd circled by the Black Lake followed by a chorus of laughter. Lily made her way to the front of the crowd.

In the center of the crowd was James and Remus. James' wand was raised, Severus floating above the Black Lake.

"What are you guys doing!?" Lily asked, rushing up to them.

"Giving Snivelus here a proper wash," James said.

"You can't do that! What'd he do to you anyway!?"