FIFTY-SIX

Disclaimer: this chapter has child abuse and could be uncomfortable for some readers so read with precaution.

The train jolted as the teens clumsily made their way into a compartment. Sirius glanced behind him, extending his hand out to Ariah with a smile. She interlocked her hand with his as they entered a compartment.

"— so now I can't go to Jules' for Christmas," Peter said. "But we're still going to come to the New Year's Eve party at your house, James."

"Cool, it's going to be awesome," James said. "My parents will be gone and they're stupid enough to let me stay home by myself."

"Man, I wish I was going," Sirius mumbled. "It'll be my first holiday break where I'm spending the whole time at home...."

Ariah glanced at her boyfriend, examining his emotions. He was afraid, and Ariah hated how stubborn he was. Knowing he would come back from the break with bruises made her heart break and blood boil. She squeezed his hand lightly.

"You will be dearly missed," James said. "I'm sure we won't hear the end of it from Ariah."

Ariah rolled her eyes, smiling softly. "Definitely. I'll be like a wife waiting for her husband to return from war," she said, slightly sarcastically.

Everyone chuckled as Sirius leaned closer to Ariah. "I'll keep a picture of you on me to hold me over through the terrors of the war," he said, with a similar tone as Ariah.

James groaned as Sirius kissed Ariah's cheek. "You guys have been together for two days and you're already giving me cavities."

"You're just jealous because you're the only one in the group without a significant other," Remus said. "Even Peter has a girlfriend."

"Why's that so hard to believe?" Peter asked with a sigh.

"I don't have anyone," Dylan said. "I am also single... or am I not in this group.... that's awkward..."

"Of course you are Dyl," Ariah said. "We're just.... not use to having another person in our group."

"But since you and I are both single...." James said, leaning closer. Dylan put her hand on James' forehead.

"You're not my type, Potter," Dylan said.

"I'm everyone's type." James smirked.

"Clearly," Meeka said, sarcastically.

The train screeched to a halt. Ariah felt Sirius squeeze her hand tighter as his anxiety peaked. She glanced his way, putting a hand on his knee as the others stood up. "We'll be right there," she said.

"What should I tell dad?" Remus asked.

"That I will be right there," she said, in a duh tone.

The group walked off, leaving the new couple alone. Ariah turned her body to face him. "You okay?"

Sirius shrugged. "I think you know the answer to that..."

"Why are your parents making you stay all break?" Ariah asked.

"Because they hate me," he said, his grin feigning humor. But Ariah knew he felt there was some truth to that statement and that broke Ariah's heart. "No, but, Regulus' girlfriend is coming for Christmas and then New Years Eve my parents want me around for the annual pure-blooded cult gathering to try and indoctrinate me into said cult."

"The death eaters," Ariah whispered. "They want you to be a death eater...."

"Which is never going to happen," Sirius said, almost sternly. He held both of Ariah's hands. "I'd sooner die than become one of them."