Death in the shade Valeska

My shoes clicked against the scattered stone sidewalk, as I skipped to the entrance of my favorite place. The chipped wood frame that hugged against the sides of the glass door, clung to the fur lining of my loafers.

The familiar jingle of the small brass bell rang, as the warm air of the building caressed my body. I quickly painted a smile on my lips as the smell of fresh pressed coffee beans filled my nose. The mindless chatter of the few people in the cafe, danced its way into my ear as I walked to the counter.

"Morning Ocean!" My voice sings as I plopped down on one of the cold metal stools. The short blonde haired girl quickly whipped her head around at the sound of my voice.

"Potter..." the green eyed girl said in a weary voice as she stiffly raised her chin at me. I didn't pay much attention towards her scared actions, as I wouldn't hurt a dear friend.

"Oh get your panties out of a wad will ya? I'm not gonna hurt ya blondie." I laugh smacking the wooden bar with my freshly manicured hand. My sudden action caused her to jump but quickly settle down.

"Potter, what happened to you?" Her eyes held so many hurt emotions that I usually would brush off, but not when it was from a friend.

"Oh Oceay don't do that! I'm the same ol me, just more...enhanced as Jerome would say." I say jazzing my hands. She only flinched at the vocalizing of Jerome's name.

"Listen don't just piss our friendship down the drain. So what I've killed a few people. Big deal! Nothing a little time can't fix right..." I trail off as my phone rang causing me to stick my finger up telling her to pause.

"Hold that thought blondie."

I unlocked my phone effortlessly as I read Jeremiah's name.

"What's up boss?" I nearly bust into a fit of laughter at the nickname I hadn't used in ages.

"Potter I need you down at West Pine. I need someone a little more... cunning and attractive to help." His "attractive" dig caused a mindless "Hey" to come from whom ever it was with him.

"Eh, I don't know hopper, ya see I'm kinda in the middle of something..."I trail off holding the phone snuggly between my ear and shoulder, as I picked at the red acrylic nails.

"Potter this is important, as this will be our first debut since your little show." He coaxed into the phone making an evil grin creep it's way onto my lips. My mind tried to think of what the performance could be, given the fact it had to be something...unforgettable.

"Alright puddin, I'll get my order to go...anything rather special I should bring?"

"Anything you feel is necessary." And with that I was on my feet placing an order and nearly two steps out the door.

"Thank ya Oceay! I'll try to stop by tomorrow, hopefully we can have a catch up party." I signal a wave to the barista as I take a long swig of my tea and start my journey to West Pine.
•*•*•*•*•*•
"Potter it's so delightful for you to join us." Jeremiah says earning him a narrowed eyed glare. My eyes then shift to the crowd of people who had unwilling joined us.

Here Jeremiah and I stood on top of a platform looking over the handful of people who would soon die. My bone chilling laugh hit the crowd like a thousand blades. It wasn't until one man made his voice abundantly loud, that I noticed there presence again.

"Why do you laugh before you kill?"

"Because darling laughter is the main support of slaughter." My words were followed by another laugh.

"Now get your ass back in the group before I personally carve you up first." The smile never left my lips as the sobs of many grew louder.

"Potter darling..."