Secluded woods?

"Get your ass back over here so I can beat it." I yelled at Alaska earning a few stares, I didn't really care though. People tended to piss me off when they stared.

"Never you're too slow-" I couldn't hear her after that as she disappeared into the crowd.

I let a deep sigh slip past my parted lips, as I dramatically let my hands hit my jean covered legs, after I had thrown them in the air.

"No Potter, go ahead make the most of your night. She can join you when she quits acting like a five year old." I reassure myself choosing not to waste my time looking for her.

I started up the hay covered dirt path, following the sign that read animals. I had been a sucker for animals since I could walk.

The first branch of the red and white tent held the elephant who I assumed weren't good enough for the show. It was sad to an extent, but those were just the ones who needed the most love.

"Five dollars for a bag of feed." A stocky man in a too tight red circus coat tells me. I looked over to the painted elephant. Some stood in groups, some stood with their babies, others stood alone. I knew I shouldn't make eye contact, because I would convince myself they were pleading for help, but I did it anyways.

I looked over at the gruff man who had taken his hat off, revealing he was bald half way around his head. He had his hat extended for me to place my money in.

"Ugh, here ya go." I grumble putting a wadded up five dollar bill in the sweat lined top hat.

"Thank you miss." He gleams handing me a small bag of food. I couldn't even be mad because I should have known.

After about thirty minutes of petting every animal that would eat me whole, I still hadn't seen a glimpse of Alaska nor received a text from her. I was beginning to worry immensely about her whereabouts. I quickly realized she was no longer being childish but rather was either hurt or up to something.

I dig my hand into the pocket of my purple and pink windbreaker, as I fish my phone out.

The breeze picked up, fusing into a gust. The circus was set up in a somewhat dip which caused the wind to be trapped in the perimeter of the campus.

1/2
Where ya at babes?

The message read delivered as I consistently checked it every three minutes. Here I stood leaned up against a portapotty in considerably nice shoes. I couldn't contain the bounce that was like a live wire in my leg.

"Hey beautiful, you all alone out here?" A thick northern accent asks from around the corner. My eyes meet with a brown eyed guy that instantly triggered a churn in my stomach.

"No waiting on my boyfriend to get done in the bathroom." I lie through my teeth to the guy with a scraggly beard covering his face.

"Can he swallow fire?" He tries to flirt but I am far from flattered, more disgusted truly.

"Can you fuck off?" I mock him with the same disgusting smile. This made him realize it wasn't working and to move on. As he walked away I rolled my eyes out of instinct.

"Boo." A voice says as they grab me by the shoulders causing me to nearly jump out of my skin.

"Screw you." I yell punching my sister in the arm, causing everyone to stop and look.