☾spending the 4th of july together

KURT: Kurt's family typically always got together for 4th of July celebrations, but due to the current discord he felt with them, he told you that you both should probably not attend. You could tell this upset him and made him reminiscent of his childhood, before he knew any better and had no idea what it meant to be different than your family. You suggested he take you somewhere where he wanted to be most— that's how you two ended up at his "bridge." It wasn't the most romantic place, with a slightly odd smell and the damp atmosphere, but as you two sat beneath it, cuddled underneath a blanket, you felt an immense love for Kurt and his sensitive soul. Fireworks exploded in the distance as you two watched in the comfort of your own secret spot.

DAVE: Dave planned for you both to fly to Virginia so you could hang out with his family (especially his mom) for the 4th of July barbecue. When you arrived, you were instantly showered with praises and love from every single family member. They asked you a million questions, from how you and Dave met to if you both wanted kids in the future. Dave handed you beer after beer while drinking a few of his own, happily tossing an arm around you and leading you from person to person. At one point, Dave retrieved a guitar from his childhood bedroom and began to play for everyone. He sang as well, drawing the eyes of every member of the party and making time stand still. You stood beside him, smiling softly as you watched him enter a place of pure joy.

KRIST: You and Krist stayed in for the 4th, figuring the view from his front porch was good enough for fireworks. Krist grilled, impressing you as he served a plethora of delicious home style meals. He flipped on the radio (classic rock, no less) and grabbed your hand, leading you into the center of the room to spin you around to each song that came on. You were even more amused when he sang along, crooning along to hits you would not even have imagined him to know. Once the sun had set, you both ran outside to watch the showers of red and gold sparks against the night sky. Krist pulled you into his arms, holding you close to his chest as you both admired the show in the breezy summer night.