Chapter 4\\ Monster Bites

Levi's POV

"perfect.... Such a strange and misleading word don't you think? But hey if you want me to drop the act well I guess that's what I'm gonna do. Just don't expect to like what you see Jay" i replied with a harsh tone whilst shoving past her shoulder.

How dare she say that! She only told me yesterday and already shes taking offence from me not talking to her or teasing her today. i was only backing off a bit to giver her some space but apparently that's not what she wanted?! What the actual F***?! i will never understand women.

You know what, to hell with the school, to jay and to my dad, i'm done for the day.

and with that i stormed outside to my car got in and just drove. I have 3 or so hours to kill and so i decided to go to a place just out side of town that i haven't been to in quite a while now, the zigzag.

a weird name i know. but it got it from the way the road zigzags up the steep hill, it it looks over the whole town and surrounding area and it is breath taking. the only part that sucks is how young teens etc go there in their car with their significant other if they cant get a bed or a private room. so annoying. but as long as you park far enough away from any other car your fine.

as i drove up the windy road i could feel myself getting calmer until i reached the top, i then reversed my Ute, grabbed out my stash of food, blankets and pillows and settled into the back just watching the town that i call home.

i used to come here all the time with my family when i was younger. a time before the teens knew about this spot and before my dad was the mayor. He was still very strict back then but it was better cause i actually saw him smile. Something he only does now when he wins re-election.

i wish my dad could be like he was back then, and i wish my mother would stand up to him instead of staying silent all the time.

i cant remember how long i was actually there for but i had fallen asleep only to be awoken by my friend James calling me, "BRO WHAT THE HELL!!! I have been trying to call you for ages its 7:45pm and your Dad is flipping out because you haven't been home yet and the school called saying you left half way through the day?!" i could tell that he was genuinely worried and at the mention of my dad i stiffened. hes going to be so mad when i get home.

"i was out and fell asleep man i'm so sorry. Something happened at school and i just couldn't take staying so i left and now my dad is gonna kill me dammit!" i was saying all this whilst packing up my car to leave.

"all good man just glad your okay, text me later after seeing the old man alright?"

"yeah no worried dude"

and with the end of the call i raced home to face the wrath of my father

***

"I'm Home!" i called out as i walked through the front door. i decided it would be better if i remained in the front area to get the yelling over and done with.

"LEVI JOSHUA HUNTER!! WHERE ON EARTH HAVE YOU BEEN!?"he wasn't even in the room yet and i was scared stiff, crap.

"I.... I.. I was...."

"SPIT IT OUT BOY"

"I was out.... and then fell a..asleep so I..I didn't ge...get you messages. I'm sorry" was all i could get out of my stumbling mouth. unfortunately for me my answer seemed to only make him angrier.

"THAT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH LEVI, YOU SKIPPED SCHOOL AND DON'T GET HOME TILL AFTER 8PM!" and that's when it happened.

He full on punched me in the face.

i was so surprised by the sheer force of the punch that i stumbled and fell to the floor.

clutching my right eye i looked up at him to see his face still twisted in anger and showing no remorse for what he had just done. i looked behind him to see my mother standing there with wide eyed and a look of shock on her face. but when my father noticed my drifting eyes he turned to look at her and she simply re-composed her self, looked the other way, and went to make dinner.

and that's when my heart broke. i could take the hate from my father but for him to do something like this and still she do nothing that makes her just as bad as him in my opinion.

i turned back to him to see his face still show how angry he is before he turned away to go back to his office.

i then went to the freezer to grab an ice pack to help reduce the swelling that's already engulfing my right eye. my mother turned to me with a sorry and pitiful look on her face but i just glared as best i could without it hurting to much.

"Levi if you just do what your father wants, stuff like this wouldn't happen, you just bring it on yourself."

is she for real right Now?!

"mother, the fact that you wont stand up to him even though he just beat his flesh and blood, Your flesh and blood, makes you just as bad if not worse then he is. You both don't even care to hear the full story on why i was late home or why i left school early. i am an A grade student and i have worked so heard to try and get both your approval but you know what. I'm done. i will still work hard at school for me, not for you. but i am done"

and with that i stormed outside do my Ute and drove away.

the best part is all my mother did was shut the door i had left open when i had left.

Yeah, love you too.

________________________________________________________________________________

awwww poor Levi....

and as always thanks for reading xx