Chapter 3

Chapter 3

~Cannon~

       I hadn't gone home at all since I was told that my parents were getting a divorce yet again. I didn't think I could handle going through that another time. Every time they got a divorce, it was like I didn't exist. I was completely forgotten.

       At least I didn't feel that way when I was staying at Hunter's house. His parents Austin and Maybelle knew how much my parents' constant arguing affected me, so they told me I could stay as long as I liked.

       I'd probably end up moving in here if I could.

       Me being forgotten by my parents had already begun. I hadn't received a single phone call or text from my parents at all. They didn't know that Hunter already told me the news. They didn't know that I knew about the divorce.

       And they hadn't told me about it yet.

       I thought after going through this yet again, I would just want to be left in my room and not want to talk to anyone for days on end. Apparently not. Instead, I just felt liking hanging around Hunter all day. I really hoped he didn't mind me being so clingy, but he hadn't said anything about it yet so I was guessing he didn't mind.

       Hunter was scheduled in at the recording studio today and I didn't want to feel like I was intruding by asking to tag along, so I was going to just stay back. But then Hunter asked if I wanted to come, so I thankfully didn't have to. For some odd reason, I didn't want to be on my own.

       Well, not really an odd reason. Hunter had been trying his hardest to make me feel better so of course I wanted to be around him all the time.

       That, and I was in love with him but that was beside the point.

       Hunter was in the recording booth right now, recording the song that was written for him and I could tell he just wasn't liking it. Most of the time, if not all, Hunter sang with passion. He sang what he was feeling for the song and right now, he wasn't feeling anything.

       The record label's owner, Kevin, was the one producing the song and he soon stopped Hunter in the middle of it, turning off the music completely. He then turned on the microphone so he could speak to Hunter. "Something's off," Kevin said. "Are you even trying, Hunter?"

       "Of course I am," Hunter said. "But..."

       Come on, Hunter, just say it. It was going to be really risky standing up to the record label owner but I knew Hunter hated this song and I knew it was nothing like him. Music was about expressing yourself and this song was only going to make Hunter to feel held back.

       "But what?" Kevin asked.

       "I just... I don't know if I can sing this song," Hunter said.

       Kevin raised an eyebrow. "And why not?"

       "Well, I..." Hunter hesitated, looking over at me and I gave him an encouraging nod, so he looked back at Kevin. "I'm just not feeling this song. It doesn't feel like me at all and to be honest... It's kind of stale."

       Kevin seemed taken aback by Hunter's statement, so I had to try my best not to applaud my best friend for standing up to the song. Honestly, the song was stale. It was nothing but a generic pop song and I knew Hunter couldn't relate to it at all.

       There was nothing wrong with singers performing songs that didn't relate to them. I was sure there was a lot of singers out there with those songs, but I knew Hunter was the type of singer to need some context to the song. He needed to feel even the slightest bit of connection to it, just like me. I didn't know if I could ever sing a song I felt nothing for.

       After a few very long moments, Kevin finally spoke up. "Hunter, I've been in the entertainment industry a lot more than you. I know which songs work and which songs don't, and this song definitely works."

       "I'm not saying the song doesn't work," Hunter said. "I'm saying it doesn't work for me."

       "And I'm saying it's going to work for you," Kevin said. "The song really suits your voice."

       "That's... That's not why I'm saying it doesn't work for me," Hunter said. "I don't feel anything for the song. I can't connect with it at all so I'm really struggling to sing it."

       "Okay, I think we're done for the day," Kevin said. "Just take a few days off to think about the song. I'll reschedule another day for you to come in and record it."

       "Kevin..." Hunter began, but Kevin just ignored him as he turned off the sound system before getting up from the chair he was on and leaving the room.

       Hunter sighed and took off the headphones, hanging them on the microphone stand before walking out of the booth. "Well, that went well," he said.

       "You'll be able to convince him soon," I said.

       "So... You're on my side about it?" Hunter asked.

       "Of course I am," I said. "I could tell you don't like that song at all, and the songs I've heard you sing at home are a lot better than this one. You're right. It is stale."

       "Well, at least I have you on my side," Hunter said. "Too bad I really don't think I'll be able to convince Kevin to scrap this song. I don't even care if it's going to be a huge hit. I'm not proud of it at all, so why should I be proud of the achievements it makes."

       "You shouldn't," I said. "You can keep trying to convince him and if you want, I can tell him what I think about it as well. If he really wants the song to be produced, then he could find someone else to sing it."

       "I hope he'll be able to," Hunter said.

_____________

awe look at cannon being a supportive boyfriend <3

lol

here's a gif of the cute boyfriends because why not: (i have the best logic)

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

;osdjg;sldng i'm cake af and i have no regrets.