I'm Going To Get My Revenge

Start from the beginning

She needs a nap.

"Here you go Ms. Abrelle," Will hands me a bottle of milk and I immediately give it Nat. She gratefully takes the bottle and begins closing her eyes preparing to fall back asleep.

"I think your parents should see him first," I say turning to look at Genesis. "After them you and me can go in."

"What is wrong with you?" Samantha says giving me an angry look. "You don't even seem upset by the situation."

"Mom,"  Genesis says "can we please not argue? We are all having a hard time, okay?"

I just stare at her, my expression blank and emotionless. 

"I'm going to get some coffee and take a seat in the waiting room," I say, not really talking to anyone in specific before I stand up and walk out the room. 

I'm okay.

I don't feel like yelling.

I don't't feel like crying.

I don't feel anything.

I'm okay.

*** 

I lean my head against the waiting room wall and pull Nat closer to me as I run my hands through her hair. 

She's the only reason I'm keeping it together. I need to be strong for her. 

"Abrelle," I hear a female voice say and I turn to see Lisa, closely behind her is Jason. "We came as soon as we heard. How is he?"

Shit, I really don't need this right now. 

"Who told you?" I ask trying my best not to sound annoyed. 

"It's all over the news," Lisa says taking a seat next to me. "We called Noah's sister and she told us what hospital he was in. Why didn't you call us?"

"We're here for you and Noah," Jason says. "Do you know anything about his condition?"

We're here for you. 

Seriously? 

You weren't there for me when I was a felon, but suddenly now that I'm not in prison you decide to come back. 

Breathe in. Breathe out. 

"His doctor decided to put him in a medically induced coma," I explain. "When he had the accident he suffered a blow to the head. This caused his brain to begin swelling and in order to reduce the swelling, they put him in a coma. We don't know for how long or if he'll ever recover."

"Oh god," Lisa says, tears forming in her eyes.

"I'm sure he'll be fine," Jason says, wrapping his arms around Lisa. "He's a strong guy. He'll make it through."

I look straight ahead focusing on the white wall on the other side of the room. 

I'm okay.

I don't feel like yelling.

I don't feel like crying.

I don't feel anything.

I'm okay.

"This is Nat," I tell them and they both turn to see her. "She's mine and Noah's daughter. I don't know if he told you about her." 

"He did," Jason nods. "She looks just like him."

"I know," I nod. 

"She's a beautiful little girl," Lisa says, her voice trembling. 

"Genesis and I are going to go see him," I say. "After that, you and Jason can go in, if you'd like."

"Thank you," Lisa nods. "I cannot imagine how hard this is for you."

I think about saying something, but instead, I nod and remain silent.

We sit there for a few seconds before I start to hear Lisa begin quietly crying. 

Breathe in. Breathe out. 

I'm about to tell her to please stop when Genesis calls my name. 

"I just saw him," Genesis says. "I thought you would like some alone time with him. So I walked in a for few seconds to see him before I came."

I can see him alone. 

"Thank you," I said before standing up. "Would you like to hold Natalia?"

"Really?" she asks and I nod carefully handing her over.  "What if she wakes up?"

"Will knows what to do," I say and she nods.

***

I walk towards the door of his room and take a deep breath. 

You can do this Abrelle.  

The last time I saw anyone in a hospital bed was Nathan and he died. This time it will different. This time Noah will wake up and be fine. 

He'll be fine. 

I open the door and slowly step inside. 

I quietly gasp as I see him, laying there, with all these machines connected to him and a tube going down his throat. His big blue eyes are closed and his dark hair is neatly combed back. 

Samantha probably fixed it. 

I make my way towards him and immediately take a hold of his hands interlocking fingers with him. I close my eyes and pretend for a second that he squeezes my hand. 

That he opens his eyes and smiles at me.

"Hi," I open my eyes and take a seat in the chair next to him not letting go of his hand. "I don't know if you can hear me, some people say you can. Hopefully, it's true because I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." 

I begin to feel tears stream down my face. 

"This wasn't supposed to happen," I let the tears fall freely. "We were supposed to be happy. You were supposed to be happy. I am so sorry. It was my car. . .They wanted me dead, not you. It wasn't supposed to be you." 

It wasn't supposed to be you. 

"It's not fair," I say, slowly running my hands through his hair. "This isn't fair. . . .I should've listened to you. We could've stayed in New York. We didn't need to come back."

God, this isn't fair. 

"Someone did this to you Noah," I say wiping the tears away as I feel anger begin to build up inside me. "I'm going to find out who it was and when I do I'm going to destroy them. I swear to you that they're not going to get away with this. I swear to you, that I'm going to make them regret ever doing this."

I'm done playing nice. 

I'm done letting the past be the past. 

I'm going to get my revenge. 

A/N: New Chapter!!!

I hope you all enjoyed this update!!

Comment & Vote

Love, Pam