"That's for Bartholomew!" He cupped his mouth and shouted from the field. I gasped as everyone and their mother turned to me, confused as to why the quarterback was yelling at me.

My cheeks burned from the attention and I furrowed my brows at Declan and flicked him the middle finger. He shrugged it off with chuckle, before he turned on his cleats, and placed his helmet over his head.

He's so damn annoying.

"So, I'm assuming that's Declan." Micah said to me, and I turned to him and nodded. "Yeah that's his annoying ass."

"Let's just hope he's as good as a player as he is playful." Micah mumbles, and my brows raised at him.

Oops.

I chuckled to myself at Micah's words. There's no doubt Declan is a good player, probably the best player out there on the field right now, but I'll let Micah figure that out on his own.

••••

Back and fourth the teams went, both nearly evenly matched in their offensive and defensive powers, which made for an anxiety filled first two quarter that was about to end with a measly score of 21-21 on the board.

"Come on," I growled, leaning forward in my seat with my elbows on my knees as I watched Declan and his offense take the field at the end of the second quarter. My nerves were tingling as I watched them line up in formation. I thought if I tried hard enough, I could almost hear Declan shouting at his teammates. As the play clock wound down, I watched as the center hiked the ball towards Declan who caught it with ease before falling back into his throwing stance.

While he scanned for an open receiver, he was too busy to see the large player from the opposite team that had made him his target.

I bit my lip to stop the yell that was clawing its way up my throat as I watched a hulking linebacker running at Declan with all the grace of an enraged bull fixated on the green of the Declan's jersey. Without any guards on him, he was certainly going to be sacked.

And if that happened, well I would probably need to head down to the field to take care of the quarterback himself.

I watched with baited breath as the defensive lineman closed in on Declan as if moving in slow motion, when he saw the shift in the his stance. As if sensing the impending strike, Declan spun on his heel, narrowly avoiding the hit before he took off through a gap set up by his guards. The sound of the crowd grew tenfold as Declan tore down the field toward the end zone and sending my heart into my throat as he drew closer. Without realizing it, I found myself on my feet with my hands cupped around his mouth.

Micah looked up with a strange look, but I shrugged it off and returned my focus back to the field.

  "C'mon, Declan!" I shouted as I watched the him cross yet another field marker. 15 yards...

10 yards...

5 yards...

Large linebacker from the other team suddenly showed up out of nowhere, cutting across the field like a shot and leaping towards Declan, his arms outstretched to wrap around his torso and stop him just short of the goal line.

"No!" I yelled, blood pressure ratcheting up a few notches as I prepared for the inevitable hit. Without so much as a pause, Declan used the momentum to push himself upwards and sending himself hurdling over the top of the linebacker. For just a moment it looked as if he was suspended in midair, frozen in a perfect leap with the ball held in his outstretched arms to break the plane of the goal line.