15

Chapter fifteen | After Game Fair

  "Is he wearing a Burberry suit?" Micah asked, looking down at Bartholomew, who was in his scroller sucking on a pacifier.

I nod. "Declan picked it out. As you can tell, he does the most." I sighed.

The game hasn't even started yet and the field is already filled with people from all over. It's not surprising though since this is a big game, and it's all everyone has been talking about. The smell of the concession stand food lingered through the night air, as people ordered themselves drinks and snacks before the game.

      "You want a hotdog?" I asked Micah, gesturing over the line forming at the stand.

He shook his head no. "Nah, I'm not really hungry. How about you? You want something? I'll pay."

Kissing my teeth, I told him no. "The only thing I'm allowing myself to eat tonight are these mints," I pulled out the pack of mints I bought earlier. "I can't be running a kissing booth with my lips tasting like mustard."

      "I forgot you were doing that." Micah chuckled, taking a seat on the bleachers and I followed.

I looked down at Bartholomew in his schooler and removed the pacifier from his mouth. "Yeah, I'll have to leave at around halftime to get help Taj set up the booth. You don't mind, do you?"

        "Nah I don't mind. You do your thing, as long as I can still get my kiss." His lips twisted into a smirk and I chuckled, shoving him lightly.

The game was about to begin and I looked down onto the field to see Declan. His helmet tucked underneath his arms as he talked to someone on his team. After a while he noticed my gaze on him and turned to meet my stare. I stuck my tongue out teasingly at him and he narrowed his eyes and glared at me playfully. Confusion soon came over me, as Declan puckered his lips and blew a kiss, my face twisting up at the action.