"Hey, it was your fault for scaring me!" I reply.

"Okay, okay. Fine. You win." She sighs. But then turns back into herself.

"So, what was that about?"

"Um... Gavin said Rhodes talks about me. A lot."

"OH MY GOSH! RAMAYA! THAT'S HUGE!" She practically yells. She receives a bunch of annoyed looks from others in the class.

"Shh! You're going to distract the flyers!" I whisper-shout at her.

"Right. Sorry!" she says, her cheeks tinting pink. I turn to see who is flying next.

My breath falters for a moment. It's Rhodes. I hope he makes it. I can tell he's nervous. He looks my way, and I give him an encouraging smile. He takes a deep breath before walking out onto the field. Everyone watches with anticipation. It's so silent, you could hear a fly sneeze.

He closes his eyes, and lifts up. It's not as windy as last week, but he still keeps his head below ten feet. I know he can go higher. And he should.

As if we have telepathic connection, Rhodes lifts five more feet into the air. That ought to impress Ms. Benting. He steadily moves forward. When he turns to the left, I gasp. He's unstable. I can see it in his face. He's scared.

C'mon Rhodes, all you have to do is fly right and descend! I hold my breath as he shoots right, and slowly descends. When he lands on his feet, I exhale.

Then it hits me. He did it! He did it! He actually did it! He runs towards me with a prize winning smile.

"I did it Ramaya! I actually did it!" He scoops me up into a hug. I laugh. People stare, confused why I'm so happy.

"I know! I'm so happy for you!"

"Rhodes? Can you come here for a second?" Ms. Benting calls.

"Better go," I say smirking. "Your sentence awaits." Rhodes chuckles at my remark.

***********************

"So... I never got to talk to you after Ms. Benting called me..." We were back at the willow tree. I was practically chewing my nails off during my last class. Yes. I was that nervous to hear the outcome of Rhodes' test. "I made it." He says, grinning from ear to ear. "I made it into intermediate!"

"Oh my gosh Rhodes! I can't believe it!" He holds out his arms and I jump into them. He hugs me tightly, and I hug him back. I can't believe he made it. After all that hard work, he deserved it. After what felt seconds, (It was probably minutes) we pull apart.

My eyes meet his, and we stare at each other. He's leaning in closer. I can feel my heart jumping out of my chest. Is this really happening? We are so close, our faces are only a few mere inches apart.

"C'mon dude! Hurry up! He's getting away!" We hear voices and footsteps coming closer. We jump apart and scramble up the willow tree, just in time before a fifth year runs into the clearing. He scans the area, right before clambering into the same willow we were hiding in. His eyes widen at the sight of us, and he's about to drop down.

Two eighth years burst into the clearing.

"Where'd he go?" A boy with a shaved head, and a menacing look on face says.

"Don't know man! Maybe he hid?" The other guy says. He was blonde, and was obviously the sidekick for the first guy.

"Well, find him! He's gonna pay for what he said to Yvette." I immediately know who it is. The voice belongs to Garron Ross, Yvette's boyfriend.

And the other guy is Kader Mitchel, Garron's faithful sidekick. They sprint past the willow tree, and back into the thicket of trees.

We turn to look at the boy who climbed up like a squirrel.

"The name's Zaiden. Thanks for not blowing my cover." With that, he turns into a sparrow, and flies off. Apparently Animal element.

"Huh. I guess Air elements aren't the only ones who can fly, right Rhodes? Rhodes?" When I turn, I see he's already walking away. "Rhodes! Wait up!"

I start to run after him, but it's too late. Right as he's about to walk into the hallway when a teacher stops him. She hands him a slip. Poor Rhodes. He probably just got detention. I can feel my heart sink.

Why did he walk away like that?

Did I do something wrong?

So... did she do anything wrong? What's up with Rhodes? The next chapter should come out tomorrow, so keep your eyes peeled. We might be doing 2 updates per day, because we have no life now that dance is over. I(Wien) will be going on a trip to Europe soon, but I will try to keep the updates on the even chapters coming. So if for some random reason, in about two weeks, it takes some chapters three days to be published, just know I haven't had time to write. But Megan will probably have the odd numbered chapters ready to go as soon as I update so yeah. I hope you guys enjoy!

-Wien and Megan

Ps: thanks for 400+ views!! Woohoo!