Chapter sixty five: Neptuna

Start from the beginning

I punched Chris. Again. Then I grabbed his arms and pushed them up into his shoulder blades until he was begging me to stop.

"Keep your hands off of Carrie." I spat in his ear as I let go and shoved him away.

Carrie began to sit up. I gently (but still using force) pushed him back down.

"You need to stay in bed. You need rest." I told him.

"I-I'm fin-ne." Carrie frowned at me.

"You're joking, right?" I raised an eyebrow at him. "You're paler than fresh paper. Your breathing is ragged and weak. You're stuttering like there's no tomorrow."

"I-I am n-not-t." Carrie argued. I raised an eyebrow at him. "O-Ok-kay, m-maybe I-I a-am a l-little bit."

"Get some rest." I leaned down to his ear to whisper, "I promise I'll stay with you."

"N-No, I-I ha— I ha-have to..." He looked around hurriedly.

I glanced around as well, just noticing all the people that were staring at me in shock (Which was mostly the Camp Ops trainees. The Camp Jupiter and Camp Half-Blood campers were just mildly surprised at the fact that Carrie had told them who I was, instead of me).

I looked back down at Carrie. "What do you have to do that you can't do later, after you've rested?" I asked gently.

"C-Chris." Carrie looked at his brother.

"Yes! I'm needed!" He exclaimed.

Carrie weakly reached up and pulled the 'Idiot' hat off of him.

"O-Only P-Percy." He glared at his brother.

"Got it, Little Arrow!"

"I LOVE PRINCESSES AND PONIES AND ALL THINGS MAGICAL!" Percy yelled from across the tent then he started skipping around.

My jaw dropped. What is he doing?

"O-Oh, a-and W-Wallace." Carrie weakly smirked to his brother.

"The more, the merrier!"

From across the camp I heard the faint yell of "I'm a buttface, everyone! A complete buttface, you should all kneel to the almighty buttface."

I snorted, it was completely true. But then Percy began yelling "SEAHORSES ARE AWESOME! I LOVE KELP! KELP IS LOVE, KELP IS LIFE! BLUE AND WATER AND FISH AND KELP!" and I wanted to strangle him.

"C-Chris." Carrie scolded.

"Fine." Chris sighed and had both Percy and Wallace whisper their utter randomness.

Carrie coughed, a small amount of blood went onto his sleeve, then he stood up straight and addressed the crowd.

"Campers of the three camps!" He boomed, not stuttering. "I wish to announce that Neptuna and I are dating. I will answer everyone's questions once I'm back to full health."

Okay. First off, my face was glowing bright red.

Second, WHAT THE HADES?

Did he just announce to almost the entire three camps that we were dating?

I stared at Carrie, slack jawed and astonished. I wasn't the only one, too. Everyone, I mean everyone in the crowd was staring in shock. Well, except for the girls that were sobbing in the back of the crowd. Through their tears they were wailing "It should've been me!"

I suddenly blinked and regained my composure, I coughed and glanced uneasily at the crowd.

"Carrie," I whispered. "I don't think they believe you. You might be able to get off unpunished, still."