Chapter sixty five: Neptuna

En başından başla

Carrie chuckled weakly. "W-Wouldn't-t kn-know..." He spoke so quietly, so weakly.

"Save your strength..." I carefully ran my fingers through his hair. Then I realized that I shouldn't do that, and folded my hands in my lap.

Carrie's eyes were barely open, and they finally fluttered shut. I could tell he was still awake, but almost out.

What felt like an infinite eternity later, the healers let out a collective breath of relief.

"He'll be alright." One of them told me. "He just needs rest. Lots and lots of rest."

"Good thing Alivia wasn't here. She would have messed him up worse." Another muttered to themselves.

Carrie frowned and growled quietly. I glared at the healer.

"Neptuna, what happened to him?"

"I don't know if I should tell you. If Carrie wants to tell you, he'll tell you."

"But—" The healer began, but someone in their own bed interrupted.

"Her name isn't Neptuna, it's Courtney!" Nico Di Angelo sat up.

"Courtney?" The healers turned to him. "You mean the girl from your camp? No, this is—"

"That's Courtney." Nico said defiantly.

"Surely he's delirious from his injuries." One healer sighed.

"No, I'm not! That's Courtney Louderback, daughter of Poseidon, half sister of Percy Jackson! I would know her voice and face anywhere!"

"If you're so certain, prove it." A second healer interjected.

"I don't know if he can give proof, but I can agree that that's Courtney." Another Camp Half-Blood camper I remembered as Sam looked at me.

"It sure is." A Camp Jupiter camper named Sylvia snickered. "How ya' been? Haven't seen you since you got your tattoo!"

"Wait! That's it!" Nico exclaimed. "That'll be proof enough. Show 'em your S.P.Q.R. tattoo, Courtney!"

I frowned. "I don't have one. My name is Neptuna."

I felt a cold hand rest upon my own.

I looked down to see Carrie, looking at me reassuringly, with a hand holding mine. I slowly relaxed and took a deep breath. Carrie gave me a small nod then stood up, ignoring the healer desperately trying to hold him onto the bed.

"She is Courtney Louderback, Of Camp Half-Blood, Camp Jupiter, and Camp Ops," Carrie began to speak, without stuttering (Somehow). "She is both an ally and a friend."

"My little Arrow! My darling little brother!" Chris ran in and started feeling Carrie's face, then he got side-tracked. "Oh, you're little scars are back! I gave you that one, that one, that one—" He was cut off by my fist.

"How dare you touch him—!" I hissed.

Chris smirked and looked at me.

"Well well, Waterlily! Can't keep your hands off me, hmm?" Chris purred as he snuck a hand around my waist and pulled me against him. I cringed. "You've got quite a lot of blood on your pretty face, there. Why don't I help you get that cleaned up a bit, then we can—"

A pale, scarred fist collided with Chris's face.

"Carrie!" I crossed my arms as Chris stumbled off to the side. "Lie down, you're still weak!"

"Oh yes, yes, lie down my little itty bitty brother, the one that's scared of the dark. Lie down before you get hurt." Chris came back over and slowly but forcefully started to push Carrie down until he was lying down.