Chapter 4: Meet The Rebels

My eyes fluttered open and I examined the room around me. I was lying on small bed covered with a quilt. The room was small, but steral. Everything in the room was white. I looked down and noticed I was in a white gown. Am I in heaven?

With that a door opened revealing the man I had seen in the woods hours ago. Everything was starting to come back. The stream, the hiding, the running, the man, falling. So, if I wasn't in heaven where was I?

"Look who's awake," he said leaning up against the door frame smiling, "you took quite a fall."

I sit up only to have a throbbing sensation in my head.

"Yeah, that's gonna hurt, take it easy," he says helping me lay back down.

"Where am I?" I question

"You're at our camp." He states.

Their camp?

"And why am I here exactly?"

"You fell pretty hard. You're head split when you hit it on that tree. I couldn't just leave you there die so I brought you here. We had to stich up your head, and you have some bad bruises, but you'll live." He says smiling?

He saved me? But why? He could have just left me there and he didnt.

"Thank you.....?"

"Ed," he says smiling, "don't worry as long as you're here you're safe."

"Right," I say puzzled, "anyways thank you for saving my life. Though I don't know why you didn't just let me die."

"I only brought you here, I'm not the one who actually saved your life," Ed says

"If you aren't then who...."

Before I could finish the door opened, and a girl about the age of 17 came in. She had long brown hair, was fit, and short.

"Ed are you giving this young lady a hard time here?" She said in a joking matter in her country accent, "hi I'm Kelly"

"Ummm yeah hi?" I said unsure of what to make of the situation.

"Lets get you into some real clothes shall we?" Bubbly kelly asked.

"Ugh sure," I said slowly pushing myself into a sitting position.

"You out," Kelly said opening the door for Ed.

"Alright alright I'm going," Ed said, "later." With that Ed left and Kelly got me cleaned up.

I sat on the bed as Kelly did my hair with a hot tool I had never seen or heard of before. I felt her braid certain sections of my hair and tie them back. After that she helped me change into some clothes which i know for a fact were not mine. After that Kelly came and sat in front of my with some sort box. I was amazed as she opened the box. In there was something that was unheard of, makeup.

"Kelly, how did you get all this makeup?" I ask amazed yet confused.

"It's part of the job sweetheart," she said smiling as she applied some sort of product under my eyes and on my face. "Now look up, and blink when this brush is near your eye"

I did as i was told and looked up and blinked as a bristled brush swept across my eyelashes.

"And a little of this to finish it off" kelly said holding what I remember to be lipstick up to my lips applying it evenly. "And, we. Are. Done" she said backing away from me examining me like a masterpiece she was proud of.

I got up and walked over to the mirror. I didn't recognize myself. My horrid eye circles were gone. My uneven skin fixed. My eyes lashes flared out. My lips a beautiful plump pink color to complement my eyes. I wore black leggings and a leather jacket. Underneath the jacket I wore a simple striped navy and white long sleeved shirt. What I loved the most were the boots I had on. They brought the whole outfit together. Whatever hot tool Kelly used on my hair had transformed it from it's natural straightness to soft curls with to braided sections on either side of my head pulled together.