3.3 - In Fumo Veritas

LLH 3.3 -- In Fumo Veritas

Daria and Jane watched Stacy Rowe enter what had become 'Daria's trailer'. Daria was unhappy about having a fourth Fashion Club member show up, as she suspected that Quinn and Sandi would attempt to reorganize the Fashion Club under the Legion aegis. However, Quinn convinced Jane that Stacy was "really dependable" and might be convinced to stay with Tiffany, freeing Daria of having to find an excuse to tell Helen.

"Hey!" said Stacy, ever cheerful.

"Hey," said Daria, not impressed. "The patient is in the other room. There are two specialists working with her right now. The patient's critical though. Her blush might not make it through the night."

Stacy squinted, trying to decipher the comments. "Uh...are Quinn and Sandi here?"

Jane thumbed in the direction of the bedroom. Stacy quickly disappeared.

"So..." said Daria, "do you think that they're going to tell Stacy everything ?"

"Well, I don't know how much of 'everything' you can squeeze between those pigtails...but they'll tell her enough. I don't know if she'll scream, run, or cry when she finds out. We'd better get some hankerchiefs."

(la la LA la la)

Tiffany slept quietly while Stacy looked on. Stacy opened her diary to find her place, then put the book aside while she walked over to the bed.

"C'mon, Tiffany...drink something! Okay?" she asked, as if dealing with a stubborn child. Stacy lifted Tiffany's head up and forced a cup of diet soda between Tiffany's lips. Tiffany took a few sips, and let Stacy lower her head back down to the pillow.

Satisfied that Tiffany was drinking enough, Stacy returned to her diary:

Today, Sandi and Quinn brought me down to the old quarry on Day Road. I knew that Quinn was in the Legion, and I thought that she would be too busy for me, but now, I found out that Sandi's in the Legion, too!! So that leaves me and Tiffany out is what I thought.

Until I found out why Sandi and Tiffany were sick! I thought that Sandi was just mad at Quinn and trying to stay out of classes so she could get sympathy. I didn't know what Tiffany was doing, unless she was sick to help Sandi out! And that left me to ask all the teachers about homework, and make sure that Heidi wasn't wearing sandals again or that Brooke wasn't letting her underwear show which is so not cool.

But it's a BIG SECRET! It's a secret so big that I'm not even going to write it in the diary! I'm just glad that Quinn (who is my NUMBER ONE BEST FRIEND) told me! She said Stacy I know I can trust you and that you will never tell anyone and then Sandi said the same thing to me! I didn't even know Sandi thought that way! So we all cried and I know that the FASHION CLUB R FRIENDS 4 + EVAH!!!!!

Tiffany is sick though. She's really sick. She hasn't eaten and I don't know if her parents know anything. I would call her Mom but her Mom is really creepy...I have NEVER seen her mom and I don't think that anyone else has either. I mean her Mom is at home but we don't talk about it and Tiffany brought that blond woman during the Charity Model Show (and we raised a lot of $$$ for charity). Tiffany's drinking, though, I just want her to eat something.

Sandi waited until Quinn got called out by her sister (ANOTHER BIG SECRET, but Sandi thinks that we don't know -- hee hee!) and then told me that she wants me to be SECRETARY of the LEGION!!! OH! MY! GODDD!!! And I am going to be on TV and everything!!! (So guess what Michael? You didn't call me so I am not going to call you, you creep!! Try to get a date NOW!!) Sandi says the Legion has lots of money so we are going to go....