2.6 - All Three Together

LLH 2.6 - All Three Together

As Daria left Lawndale High School, it started to rain. She waited for Jane to get out of her last class, and watched the downpour. Figures. Daria and Jane had hoped to watch the construction of Legion Tower at the quarry, but at the rate the rain was falling, they'd need a boat to get there.

Jane showed up, finally. "Damn test."

"But we finally got through the day."

"Without me punching Mr. O'Neill", said Jane, annoyed. "Once he went on about us being 'shining lights to wayward youth' I wanted to crawl under my seat."

"Or Ms. Morris telling me that my not wanting to run was setting a bad example for teens everywhere." Daria remembered acutely Ms. Morris shouting at her, exhorting Daria to complete that dumb one mile run Morris had insanely decided was "setting a new standard" of physical fitness for youth. Daria could only remember Brittany glaring daggers at her the entire run.

"So Quinn is more popular than ever, the teachers are on our backs ten times worst than usual, and the popular people really hate us now," said Jane. "I can't take much more of being a leader of youth."

"Then you're not going to like what I'm going to ask you," said Daria.

(la la LA la la)

Jane sat down on the couch in Daria's living room.

"Actually, that part was easy", said Jane. "I dialed the number Stark gave me. Three different times. The head of the computer whatzits decided it was a prank call. The third time he answered. I suspect he didn't want to be bothered, but he did hook me up with a name last night."

"Who?"

"'TM'. Some sort of hacker. He hacked in to the airline passenger lists and gave me a hard copy, complete with seat assignments." Jane opened her backpack, pulling out a folded over piece of paper. "Get a load of this."

Daria read the list. "Hmm. I think there are some names missing. Yours, mine, and Quinn's."

"You got it. I wondered how come we didn't make Sick Sad World? 'Powered Youth Save Plane'. Or why there was nothing about it on TV."

"Probably our friends in the United States Government. If Stark could call the FBI, they probably removed our names from the passenger list."

"Uh huh," said Jane. "But I think they removed the names of the bad guys, too."

"This isn't going to make much sense without seeing where everyone is. I can't put it together without a picture."

"I could do that," said Jane. "Make a poster. We'll just recreate the plane and figure out who's missing -- if we can. I'll have Hacker Boy work on it. It will give us something to do besides homework."